About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

September 17 to 21, 2011; Tranny repair

SEPT 17, Saturday, it rained!
Yes, we had rain overnight and early this morning. The day was cloudy and cool but the sun finally showed up in the afternoon and warmed us up some.
Happy hour at B&G then dinner and early to bed; it was a tiring day at work but I’m off tomorrow


SEPT 18, Sunday
Rain again overnight! It was really cool all day but the sun did manage to shine through again in the latter part of the afternoon. I was up at 7 am and went back to bed around 9 and slept until noon! WOW!!! It was a lazy day sort of; Val did some laundry then we watched a movie. A quiet day at home.


SEPT 19, Monday
I took the truck in to the transmission expert for a check up and service. Val picked me up and we went to check for our mail and had our usual breakfast sandwich at the deli in front of UPS store. We picked groceries at Save-On-Food then drove home after stopping at the Vet and making an appointment for Tucker; he needs his rabies shot renew.
I got a call from “1st Klass Tranny” that I may need a new clutch but they had to investigate further so I gave them the go ahead, I am to call them again tomorrow morning. At home, I took everything out of the basement, vacuumed and washed the floor and wall then organized more stuff. We have less than a month before our departure!!!


SEPT 20, Tuesday

Back to work! A sunny but fresh day! I got a call from the tranny repair shop and it looks like I need more work than originally thought. The pressure pump needs replacing and one other part so what started out as just routine is turning out to be bloody expensive which is not what I was expecting at this time of the year. The truck will be ready tomorrow. I BBQ’ed steaks for dinner and Val made a salad and sweet corn. We watched TV in the evening. Almost forgot...we have new neighbours, Len and Terry (his wife). They bought Morisse’s lot, 4 down from us and are putting in a park model right away. They claim to like Happy Hours!!!


SEPT 21, Wednesday
It was a funny day today; cloudy but warm and windy with definitely Fall in the air. I finished mowing the lawns at work then worked around the sites until 1 pm when I left and went home. I picked up Val and we drove to Salmon Arm to get my check up on the sleep apnea machine then it was over to 1st Klassen transmission to pick up the truck. $1600 later we were on our way home. They damaged the rear bump panel on the door and had it fixed and gave us 10% off the total price for the inconvenience. I think that’s fair! B&G came over for happy hour with Gail’s sister Joyce. We called our friends Lynden and Charlene and chatted for a good 20-30 minutes then it was “Survivor” time

No comments: