About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 21 to 26, 2011;Visit from Chilliwack

JUL 21, Thursday
It rained overnight bit cleared some in the morning to allow us to cut the lawn in the Park however it did rain by noon causing us to call it quit early. After lunch it was back to sunshine and the routine continued.
At home, Val did the laundry and when I got home, Bob and Gail came over for Happy Hour!


JUL 23, Saturday,
A cloudy bit warm day; the sun did make an effort of coming out a couple times. After lunch at work, I was driving out back to the Park when I ran into Rochelle and Kevin on their bike; they had been looking for me. After a quick chat, they went to Gateway and I worked until 2:30 when I quit and went home.
After a drink and chat, the four of us went to Salmon Arm and had dinner at a restaurant on the lake. We came home after gassing up and picking up our mail then had a fire and proceeded to drink too much wine.


JUL 24, Sunday
The day began and stayed the way Shuswap usually is...sunny and warm! Rochelle had a hang-over this morning...wonder why!? We had a nice breakfast, cooked by yours truly and then had a short visit before Kevin got the itch to move on. They got all their gear, climbed on the bike and rode into the morning sun. We had a marvellous visit and I hope they return soon.
I had a snooze in the afternoon and at 4 pm; we had Happy Hour with Bob & Gail, Dan & Lori and Race. For dinner, we had fish and rice then it was relaxing time.


JUL 25, Monday,
The day began sunny and promising but as usual, it clouded over later in the afternoon. Bob and I went to Enderby to pick up a washer which they (Gail and Bob) gave to us. We brought it home and I hooked it up behind our rig and outside the shed. For draining it, I ran a hose to the back of the shed and into the gully behind us. We ran a trial wash and all worked well. The only think I don’t like about all this...it makes me feel like this is becoming a permanent encampment!?? Val went for an interview at the Super Value grocery store in Scotch Creek and got a job as Janitor/cashier. She is quite happy about it too! While she was having her interview, I went to Rona and picked up some items I need to re-build my leg pads and slats for the Gazebo. Happy hour at our place tonight!


JUL 26, Tuesday,
Back to work! Val got up at 4:30 and me, at 6:30 a.m. It was a cloudy and muggy day. A quiet day at home for the evening and Val is OK with her new job.

No comments: