About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Friday, July 15, 2011

July 10 to 15, 2011; repairs on BEAR completed!

JULY 10, Sunday
A relaxing day, we went to Salmon Arm to get our mail and then drove back home. We had Happy Hour with Gail and Bob then came home and had dinner. It was a sunny day with clouds but very warm. We also moved clothes and food to Brook’s trailer as ours is going to Kamloops tomorrow for repair.


JUL 11, Monday, Repair in Kamloops
I took the rig over to DARGO in Kamloops to have the suspension fixed first thing in the morning. Val stayed back as Tucker has an appointment for a haircut. When I got to DRAGO, he looked at the damage and made a comment that the frame was not quite heavy enough to support the weight. I took more pictures which don’t seem to show the extent of the damage. From here, I went to BCAA to renew my insurance on the truck then to Costco to pick up a couple items then drove home. Tucker looks great and we settled in in our new home for the next day or two.


JUL 12, Tuesday, back to work
Yes back to work for another day; Val also went to work in Kamloops. It was an overcast day with some sunny periods but around 4 pm, the sky broke open and it rained for most of the evening, heavy at times.


JUL 13, Wednesday,
It was a warm night again. To work in the morning and at lunch time it heavily poured for about an hour. I’ve never seen such a torrent. Two of the employees got caught in it and by the time they got back to the office, they were soaked. Val came over for a short visit then it was back to work. I also called DRAGO only to find out they hadn’t started on the rig yet. I told him we had to get it back soon as we lived on it. I’ll call again the morning to push and reinforce the point. Val is getting ready for her test tomorrow and has not eaten anything since this morning and has to swallow this stuff to make go to the bathroom which is not very pleasant for her.


JUL 14, Thursday
While at work, I got a call from DRAGO that our rig was ready. I finished the job I was doing which was operating the tractor lawn mower and at 1 pm, I left work and drove to Kamloops. I took an inspection of the trailer’s suspension and found it very soundly reinforced. They straighten the “I” beam flange, replaced the 4 springs to stronger one, put tube reinforcing rod between all three brackets holding the springs (6 total) and greased everything and repacked the wheel bearings. I paid the bill and was back at our site by 4 pm and all set-up. It’s great to have our house back, especially our bed. As soon as I have pictures of the work done, I will post them!


JUL 15, Friday
The day started cloudy and cold. The sun finally came out around 5 pm. Work consisted of doing recycling, picking up garbage and doing some weed-eating work. They had a BBQ hot dog with all the trimmings, soft drinks and home cook beans (straight from the can). It was “Employee Appreciation Day” and everything was cooked by the managers adn to make things better, it was payday for us. Our lunch break was a bit longer then our usual 30 minutes but we eventually had to go back to work and finish the day. Val spent the day cleaning Brook’s trailer where we stayed, doing laundry and then worked in her garden. Our neighbour, Al, came over and dropped off 10 dozen beer that he bought while in Alberta (much cheaper and NO HST!!)

No comments: