About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 10 to 15, 2006, Routine stuff

SEPT 10, Thursday, Organizing day
A beautiful day, sunny and warm! I took everything out of the storage shed, organized and packed what we will need for our travels in the basement lockers. Then I put up more hooks and decorations on the walls inside for Val. I washed the car and cleaned inside. At 3 p.m., I went to Chase to bottle our wine then came home and relaxed. Val spent the day vacuuming and washing the inside of the rig, getting rid of wood dust from the manufacture. In the evening, we watched a movie that Dennis had loaned us


SEPT 11, Friday, Wash day
After breakfast, I washed the roof and the outside walls of the rig. I put protective “DICOR” on the roof after washing it. That took most of the day; 34 feet is still a lot of feet to wash and dry!
Jack and Mim came over and looked over the “Bear” and a visit. When they left, I had a shower then, for dinner, we went over to the pub with Jack and Mim; Donna and Marcel were supposed to join us but never showed. We came home, dropped them off after a nice visit and dinner and came home to watch an episode of the last series of Shield.


SEPT 12, Saturday, more chores
Another nice day; spent doing chores around the place, painting the truck’s tailgate and other odds and ends, sorting and storing more stuff for our trip and putting the kayak rack on the truck’s roof.


SEPT 13, Sunday, a relaxing day
The morning was spent watching the last of SHIELD then I got my papers in order and ready to be mailed for getting my Mexico papers in order. After selling the Quantum, I have to return the 10 years sticker for Mexico back to the Mexican government and getting it cancelled otherwise I won’t be able to go back with this new trailer. I found a form on the net which I filled out and sent it registered. Hopefully, that’s all I’ll require!
We went over to Donna and Marcel for happy hour but didn’t stay long as the wasps are absolutely horrible and plentiful.
We phoned our kids at dinner time and made arrangement to visit them on the week-end of the 26. We also learned that my grand-daughter, Vanessa, has set a date for their wedding which is August 20, 2010, WOW!!! What news! The newlyweds are planning on living in the basement of Kevin and Rochelle while they complete their University Studies so Kevin is renovating the basement into a suite. Wonderful parents those two are, if I may say so myself.


SEPT 14, Monday, Kamloops
We went back to Kamloops after stopping in Chase and mailing the papers to get my Mexican permit cancel. Hopefully it will be accepted and legalized us again. We went to Costco in Kamloops and Zellers to return the cabinet doors that were oversized and other items that didn’t fit. We went to a local pub for a beer than came home after stopping for gas.
I BBQ’ed chicken for dinner than we went for a walk around the park and to the beach to digest all that food. It is 8 p.m. and still very warm. Indian summer???


SEPT 15, Tuesday, routine stuff
We went to Chase to do laundry and picked up some groceries. We came home and put everything away then we read and Val watched OPRAH doing an interview with Whitney Houston. We had Chinese chicken stir-fry for dinner then watched a comedy movie in the evening.

No comments: