About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Saturday, June 20, 2009

June 15 to 19, 2009 Home and back to Lower Mainland

JUNE 15, Monday, Salmon Arm for some shopping.
We went to Salmon Arm to pick up our mail and a few other thing. I got on the internet and updated our blog and did some banking. I also stopped at “Country Camper RV” to see about my slide. They’ll come over to our place next week to look at it and see what kind of repair and parts they will need to order. We came home and cooked dinner then I went over to the compound to start the car. It started OK but once I got it to our place, it wouldn’t start again; so I checked the battery and found the cells very poor, showing in the red in the tester. I guess after almost 2 years of sitting in the shed, I can’t be surprised!?



June 16, Tuesday, to Kamloops
We went to Kamloops today (60 KM) to update my account at BCAA and to purchase insurance and plates for the car. We also took a look at Costco for a battery but they didn’t have it so we went to “Canadian Tire” and got one there. We dropped off Val’s application for a Passport renewal at the Federal Government office then came home.
I installed the battery and all is working fine. I washed it as it needed it and Dennis offered his air compressor to put air in the tires as they were all low. When I finished it was time for Happy Hour and dinner.


JUNE 17, Wednesday, Lee Creek North Shuswap.
It is raining this morning, just a small drizzle but enough to get everything wet. I went to Scotch Creek, approx. 11 km from here, to a small coffee shop where they have WI-FI. I downloaded our mail, did some banking then came home. We went to Ruth and Dennis for happy hour and met another neighbour. We came home and had dinner then watch a movie that I got from Scotch Creek. The sun came out in the late afternoon.


JUNE 18, Thursday, Lee Creek
A sunny morning greeted us so I washed the truck and vacuumed both the car and the truck and put the tag on the plates for the car. We took the movie back and stopped at a laundry place to wash Tucker’s blanket for the truck, the seat covers and a couple of other big items. We had an ice cream at the store while we waited which we haven’t done in ages then came home to hang the stuff to dry. We called the Kirkby’s about my hard drive; no news yet but I got the guy’s phone number where it is being checked. Val called her sister Audrey to chat and catch up on family news.


JUNE 19, Friday, to Chilliwack
After locking everything up, we left around 12:30 p.m. and went to Salmon Arm to pick up our mail then headed for Chilliwack. We stopped in Kamloops for a TIM HORTIN coffee and chilli then it was over the Coquihalla Pass and down to Hope then Chilliwack. We got there around 5 p.m., visited with the kids then headed for the school theatre where Hayley had her dance recital. What a show! There were numerous dances Jazz, Acrobatics, Contemporary and Rock & Roll. The kids were absolutely marvellous and so was Hayley. She absolutely shined on the dance floor. She had two numbers of Jazz and Lyrical dances to perform with her group. CHECK OUT the new pictures in folder #43.
We came home and had a pizza then watched a bit of TV then to bed.

No comments: