About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Friday, September 30, 2016

September 19 to 30, 2016; Visit to Keremeos, Packing and Moving

It was a busy week!  First I went to Judy and Ed’s house and de-winterized it, got everything working then began packing our stuff and taking it to our Sea-Can storage and to the house.  Amazing what we had packed in this little motorhome.  I got boxes from U-Haul.  Called TV providers and cancelled them all as of October 1.  The rush is on; not many days left.  Thank God it is sunny and somewhat warm out.  We bought Denis and Ruth’s utility trailer.  I figure I will need it for our move and I am sure I can resell it at a small profit.
On Monday, the 26th, I drove the Beaver to Tri-Crown in Salmon Arm, dropped it off to have the locker door repaired.  Val followed me in the Santa Fe and we drove to Oliver and Osoyoos to look at placed for rent.  The one in Osoyoos really appealed to us, fully furnished, two bedrooms so we put a deposit on it for November first.  We stopped at a local pub for lunch and ran into Jeff and Donna, previous workers from the Park.  What a small world!  We drove back home via the Connector to Kamloops, picked up our mail then home, sweet home.  A long day!
Tuesday, we spent doing laundry, get some groceries, insurance and new plate for the trailer then generally worked around the shed and pad.  At two pm, we drove to Tri-Crown to pick up the Beaver only to find out that they hadn’t installed the camera.  I suspect that they forgot to order it bit of course, they won’t admit to that!??  So, back home disappointed.  Had a glass of wine to bury our sorrows, dinner then the tube for a while.  Val is back to work tomorrow.
I spent Wednesday cleaning the yard and some of the stuff out of the shed.  I also got the jeep wired so that it can be hitched legally.  Thursday, Mascon came to hook up our internet only as we have TV programs already.  I also found out that they can’t do anything in time for Saturday so after Val got off work, we drove down and picked up the motorhome.  I am really disappointed in Tri-Crown’s service and lack thereof.  Now I have to call Ron to let him know.  Hopefully it will be well received as I am going to give him money to fix it on his time.  I cleaned and washed the inside and outside of the Beaver and the Santa-Fe on Friday.


No comments: