About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

September 1 to 7, 2016; End of work

SEPT 1to 7, 2016
Back to work on the first and I was asked if I would work on Monday the 5th as they are short on staff so guess what I am doing on my supposedly first day off!  It was cooler on the first and it rained on Friday the 2nd.  Autumn has arrived!!!  Rain on Saturday and it was so quiet at the Park that we both left early and only put in 4 hrs each.  Same thing on Sunday although Val worked a full shift and I came home after lunch.  The sun came out in the afternoon and warmed things up a bit.  Our Resort has a lot of the empty lots rented, busy week-end here too.  Some people are here to winterize their Park Model or trailer already.
Monday was my last day of work and a busy one it was.  Except for 7 lanes, the Park is closed for the season.  We had over 180 campers leave today but only had to clean the first seven lanes.  The rest was shut down after making sure no fires were left smoldering.  The gate house was also shut down and it is self-registering from now to the end of October.  It will be Val’s job for the next 6 weeks to ensure everyone has paid their dues.  She is off today!
Tuesday, we went to Kamloops for shopping and met friends Lynden and Charlene for lunch at Harold’s.  They had a surprise for us…Phil and Betty were also there so we really had a nice reunion.  We left an hour later and shopped at Costco and Superstore then came home to put everything away.  I was up early again this morning (6 am).

Val went to work on Wednesday and I did a load of laundry (my uniform) then got dinner ready.  I made Chop Suey!  We had HH then dinner then watched the tube.

No comments: