About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

March 7 to 15, 2016; Life in San Carlos, Painting finally finish!

MAR 7, MONDAY; Bike trouble and Insurance meeting
Cloudy and windy and cooler this morning!  Feels like rain in the air.  I took off on my bike this morning but I only got outside the Park and my main gear for the pedal ceased up so I took the bike to the shop and found out that the gears inside had come loose.  Got that fix and brought the bike home.  Val went for a walk on the beach but soon came back as the tide was way up which made it difficult at places.
A quiet afternoon and as it progressed, the temperature began falling some and the clouds moved in.  Very few people out for HH so we stayed home.  As we were watching TV after dinner, it began raining so we rushed out to bring our shoes under the canopy and close the windows in the Jeep.

It is quite cold this morning, only 12*C at 8 am and the sky is covered with black clouds but there are blue holes in them.  We had quite a rain fall overnight and a gusting strong wind.  This morning, the papers covering the paint areas are shattered and half is gone.  There is one section left at the back and I don’t think it will be done today although the guys showed up and spent their time removing all the paper coverage then went home.  We went to town to get some groceries as we were driving to Guaymas it began raining.  We shopped at Walmart then I stopped at a garage to buy a new windshield wiper for the jeep on the driver side.  When we got back to San Carlos, we decided to go to JJ’s for a beer and tacos as it was still raining.  Then it began pouring really hard.  The roads are half flooded and it is colder too, probably around 15*C.  Once home, the rain abated and we quickly got our groceries inside. 
Quiet evening at home, the sun finally came out as it went down on the horizon

MAR 9, WEDNESDAY; Haircut, final day for painting
I was up at 8 am, breakfast then out for my bike ride.  The painters arrived as I was leaving and he tells me it will be completed today.  Val went for Yoga with the ladies across from us; she enjoyed it and will go back again.  Once I got back, I showered then went for a haircut ($10.Cdn with tip).  The warmth came back too, 24*C at 12:30 pm.  The painters were all done by 1pm and after inspecting the work, I paid him out the balance owing.  It looks great!
Val wanted to go to SOGGY PESOS on the far side of town so we went.  It was somewhat windy there but where we sat, it was ok!  We met Al and Brenda there along with the crew camped across from us so we sat with them and had a nice visit.  We came back at 3:30 pm.
For dinner, we went to the Yatch Club at 5:30 pm where they have a special every Wednesday for 150 pesos which includes a hamburger, a beer, free popcorn and a movie.  “Spotlight” was on tonight.  A movie about the sex abuse scandal in the Catholic Church and how it was uncovered in Boston.  When we arrived, we met a few people we knew including John and Karen so we sat with them for dinner.  The movie was interesting and we liked it.  We were home by 9 pm.  We had quite a wind storm until about midnight when it finally abated

MAR 10, THURSDAY; Surprised visit
The park is getting emptier and emptier.  We had two rigs from our row leaving this morning.  One jerk had his diesel Dodge running the whole time he was hooking up and saying his goodbyes at 6 am this morning.  I could have killed him!!!  Sunny and warm with little wind.  Val went to play piccoball with Elise and I went for my bike ride.
I was having a snooze outside when these guys came over and woke me up; here was Dennis, a good friend that we hadn’t seen in over 5 years.  What a surprise!!!  So I went for HH at Al & Brenda with Joyce, Bill, Leo & Lynn and Marilyn, Dennis’s wife, came over so big hugs were in order.  Of course, HH was spent catching up and the nice thing, everyone knew Dennis and his wife.  They spent the winter in Mazatlán and are now on their way north, back to Canada.

Hot and quiet day!  Very little wind.  Cycling and yoga for us this morning.  We had HH at our place tonight to accommodate neighbours of ours who wanted info on a trip north and things to see.  Our neighbours across the way and beside us joined us until dinner time.

Went cycling this morning and Val decided to oil the wood inside the Beaver.  We went to EL Cheque for a hot dog then came home after I picked up carne asada at TONY’s and ordered 5 packages of Chili Renello.  We also bought shrimps from a road side vendor and it turned out to be a mistake, they were much smaller than it looked and we didn’t get a full kilo…lesson learned!
I copied all the necessary papers for our auto insurance refund and as I was doing this, I discovered that our Mexican Insurance for the Jeep expires Apr 2 so that means we have to leave earlier so I bought two days for the Motorhome for noon 2nd to noon the 4th so now our departure date is the second instead of the third which is fine by me, I am due for a change.
We went out to BOYES, a hamburger joint in town that we heard a lot of good reviews.  We each had the special (which I didn’t particularly liked) and when we asked for beer, we found out he wasn’t licensed but he ran across the road and got us two beers; amazing!!!

MAR 13, SUNDAY; Rest Day
No biking, no Yoga this morning.  We went to visit the Holder’s at their condos and the girls decided to walk the beach to the end.  After a cold beer, Steve and I drove to the Pillar condos, parked and walked the beach to meet the girls then walked back.  A few people on the beach but not many in the water.  We saw Lorna (our neighbour) as we walked out and said hi!  We all drove back to the condo and visited for a while then we came home and joined the gang for HH.  Chicken for dinner then watched more of our recording; we’re watching “BANSHEE” right now, interesting gangster series.

Biking and Yoga this morning!  Our neighbours across the way, Darryl and Lorna, left this morning for Arizona then home to BC.  We are now down to 4 on our row.  More people are coming up from the South and more people are leaving every day!  The exodus has begun. 
We had a quiet HH by ourselves

Val came biking with me this morning.  We went to the first “turn-about” then came back.  We stopped for breakfast at Mr IGUANA then came home.  Val did laundry and we hung outside to dry which it was within 2 hrs.  HH was at Al and Brenda

No comments: