About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Monday, September 22, 2014

Sptember 16 to 21, 2014; Work, visits and back to Gateway to winterize

SEPT  16, Tuesday; more work
Hot again today!  I spent more time in the shop doing window intersperse with other little jobs; Kevin keeps me going.  Rob helped in the afternoon.  Val went to Vancouver to visit her daughter and grand-daughters.  For dinner, I cooked me a pizza (read bought).  Afterwards, Rochelle and Kevin invited me to go along for a visit to friends Russ and Cathy.  I was in bed by 9:30.

SEPT  17, Wednesday
It was a bit cooler today and clouded over by the end of the afternoon.  I spent the day picking up doors and windows and delivering them to customers.  I had lunch at A&W which I hadn’t done in years.  Val got home early in the afternoon and had lots of stories to tell about her grand-kids.

SEPT  18, Thursday
Another busy day!  I drove to Coquitlam, Burnaby, and Surrey to pick up glass and doors then to White Rock to drop off locks for doors I delivered yesterday.  From here, it was to Aldergrove to drop off a door frame for our crew who were installing doors in a trucking garage.  I stayed there to help them to installed the last door and clean up.  We came back to the shop and unloaded the truck except for some doors which are to be delivered tomorrow.  You got to Love it!!!  I am learning all kinds of new stuff and so far, it’s fun!  The crew working for Kevin is also friendly and helpful.
At home, it was a quiet evening watching the tube after a nice shower.

SEPT  19, Friday; to Lee Creek
I went to work this morning and made the delivery then came back to the shop where I finished a job I had begun on Monday.  I cleaned the truck then signed off and came home.  I had a quick shower, packed and we left by 12:30 pm.  Half way to Hope, we realized we didn’t have the keys to the car so we had to come back.  It’s a good thing because I had also forgotten the keys to the shed and the Sea Can.  Finally got going under rain (rained all morning) and drove to Hope where we had a bite to eat.  Back on the road, we drove to Salmon Arm and picked up our mail then back to Lee Creek.  We are staying in Brook’s trailer for the night.  Val went to Heather for a haircut and I brought everything inside.  Time for a glass or two of wine.

SEPT  20, Saturday; Wine, meds and winterizing
We were up early and at it right off the bat!  I began taking things apart and ready to put away while Val went to bottle our last batch of red wine.  I turned off the water, turned off the electricity and locked the power box, drained all the hoses and winterized the washing machine.  Then it was time to put everything away that was left and lock the shed, load the car with our stuff including our winter clothes that we got from the Sea Can.  We said goodbye to our neighbours and friends and were on the road by noon.  We went to Sorrento and picked up two months supply of our meds then headed for Kamloops.  We stopped for lunch/brunch at TIM HORTON’s then headed south on Hwy 5 to Chilliwack.  Halfway up the hill, Val remembered that she forgot her purse so she turned around and I waited for her to come back (we are driving both vehicles back to CHWK).  We arrived home around 5 pm and joined the Happy Hour in progress on the back balcony.  Sid and Vera left a while later and that left us with Kevin & Rochelle and Russ & Cathy.  We ordered a pizza for dinner and ended the whole thing around 9 pm.  We came back to our rig and put our personal stuff away, sat for a while then went to bed.

SEPT  21, Sunday; CHWK!
A relaxing day for everyone!  I even had a short snooze in the afternoon.  I watched the end of a football game with Kevin in his “Man Cave”.  Val made another of her “special” dish for dinner which was delicious then we watched the tube for a while before heading to bed around 10 pm.  It was sunny and warm all day but the forecast is for changes soon.

No comments: