About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 8 to 14, 2014; Gateway and work

JUL  8, Tuesday; shopping and mail
The forecast is for upper 30’s by the end of the week and 34*C today; it’s going to be a hot one!  Val went to Kamloops to return some items to Costco and I went to Salmon Arm to pick up our mail and a couple of other items.  I got back by 1:30 pm and Val got here around 3 pm with a carload of groceries and stuff, (she is dangerous shopping without close supervision).  The A/C is on full blast! 

I did some searches on the cost and possibility of spending the winter in BC; I’ve been looking at Fort Victoria and Oceanside in Sydney.  We are figuring on working over the winter and save some money for a possible trip to Alaska next summer unless of course we win the lotto where all bets will be off!!!  Yes, we will live in the Motorhome.

 
JUL  9, Wednesday; Gateway
We did laundry early in the morning then Val did some work in the garden but we eventually had to move inside as it just got too hot outside.  Some of our neighbours came over for a drink (Ron and Sharon).  We watched a movie in the evening and part of a new series: “BOARDWALK EMPIRE”, about prohibition in the early 20’s and 30’s gangsters

 
JUL  10 to 14; Back to work!

Back to work on Thursday!  It was payday on Friday, Yippee!!!  HOT, hot, hot at work, we spend the days hiding in the shade of the trees.  I worked some overtime as it was pretty busy for a couple days.  I’ll be glad when this heat wave ends!  Having some issues with a co-worker and not sure what to do about it but I do know that if it happens again, something will be done!
I go to work for fun (and the paycheck is a bonus of course); I had to put up with that kind of shit when I was working for a living but no more.  Life is too short for that!

No comments: