About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May 7 to 13, 2014; Stuff in & out of Gateway

MAY  7, Wednesday; Gateway
We had a sunny but cool day!  My most exciting thing today was the water line to the ice maker developing a leak so I had to hunt for parts in Chase.  I found something, came home and fixed it.  Otherwise it was a quiet day.  I called my daughter to discuss the trip to Cabo and other than that, nothing to report.

 
MAY  8, Thursday;
Sunny with clouds and very cool again due to the wind.  I went for my “power” walk first thing.  Tucker went for his with Val.  I felt really sleepy so I had a snooze; Val thinks it is because of the new pills I am taking.  She went into Chase to return our movies and get more.  It got up to 18*C in the afternoon but the cool wind persisted.  Bob and Gail came over for HH and so did Donna and Marcel.

 
MAY  9, Friday; Salmon Arm
Back to rain this morning and no wind.  We went to the city today and did some grocery shopping and a couple of other items, picked up our mail, had a bite to eat then came home.  Watched the news, dinner then watched a movie!  It rained all day.

 
MAY  10, Saturday; Gateway
Cloudy and just miserable all day; I did go for my “power” walk however!  The sun did finally appear around 4 pm.  The forecast is much improvement over the next few days!  I gave an effort on organizing more stuff but gave up, just too cold!  I did manage to hook-up our “Reverse Osmosis” system as the water tastes funny, probably due to the rain and run-offs from the snow in the mountains!?  Other than that, we read, watched a movie and basically vegetated inside

 
MAY  11, Sunday; HAPPY TO MOTHER’ s DAY
We woke up to a beautiful sunshine finally and it promises to be a warm day!  It was a productive day; I washed the whole  MH, including the roof and the vents.  Also did the windows then the sidewalk.  It was great to have sunshine the whole day and it was warm enough to be in short sleeves.  Val took a drive to Scotch Creek and to Blind Bay looking at flowers for her garden. Dinner than more movie and TV

 
MAY  12, Monday; Stuff

The day began cloudy but the sun soon burned through and warmed up the day!  First thing this morning, I went to Chase for some blood work then after returning our movie and picking up another one, then I drove to Scotch Creek to the Park and found out about my schedule, got reimbursed for the boots I bought and picked up my uniform.   I am working May long week-end and begin full time on June 27.  I came home and worked on the rig again.  This time I vacuumed all the storage bins in preparation to receive more stuff.  We read part of the afternoon and had HH at Bob & Gail.  For dinner, I BBQ’ed a beautiful chunk of MAHI TUNA that I cut into steaks.  It was delicious with the potatoes and salad Val made.  We sure eat well!

 
MAY  13, Tuesday; More stuff
It’s been a cloudy day and the sun showed its face for a while in the afternoon.  I finished organizing, vacuuming and then replaced everything back in its appropriate locker.  I power-washed the radiator area in the back, the motor and the batteries compartment.  I then power-washed and cleaned both BBQ, small and large.  That was a job that took me a good hour.  I can’t believe how dirty both were.  I put the small one back in its locker once it dried.  Time to relax; we had a quick HH then it was dinner time and we watched a movie in the evening.

No comments: