About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Monday, April 07, 2014

April 3 to 6, 2014; Last days in Mesa

APR  3, Thursday; Mesa
8*C @ 7 am; 22*C in pm

We woke up to sunshine and NO WINDS!!!  After breakfast and walking Tucker, I went to the office to pay our dues for 5 days; this Park honors PASSPORT AMERICA so it was half price.  We went to the storage where T&G showed us their new toy hauler, 25 feet long and very nice.  They are planning on leaving their 5th-Wheel here for the summer and pull the trailer to Vancouver Island and a few other places before returning here in September.  We came back home and I washed the Jeep then the four of us went to the courtyard for lunch and a beer.  We checked on the mail and I had a haircut here.  They have pretty well everything in this Resort which is really nice.  We had a relaxing afternoon, I went for a haircut and Val did some puzzling.  At 3:30 pm, we went to the courtyard for HH and dance the hour away, well actually I only dance twice but it was fun.  Larry, Barb, Terry and Glenda were at our table…jug of beer $5 and bourbon, $2.  WOW!  Can’t be that!  T&G went out to friends for dinner so we had dinner but ourselves which is fine.  Val made a sausage dish with green peppers…YUM! YUM!  We watched the tube for a while then to bed

APR  4, Friday; Mesa
9* @ 7 am; 25* in pm

After our morning routine, we went to the MESA OUTDOOR MARKET with Glenda and Terry and ended up buying a couple of items.  For lunch, we went to IN’N’OUT, a burger joint that we have heard a lot about; all they serve is burgers and fries.  Then it was to FRY’s for groceries then home to put everything away.  At 3pm, we went to the clubhouse for a Pool Party!  Everyone brought a happies and we proceeded to have fun.  Everyone that was sitting around the pool ended up getting wet; that was all part of the fun!  We came home at 6 pm and went over to Dale and Sharon whom we first met in Texas last year.  Val noticed her at the pool and went over to re-acquaint herself.  They just bought a park model here and so we were invited for a house warming party.  Of course, G&T had already met them.
It was a full and fun day!  We heard from our friends Tim and Kim in Scottsdale but unfortunately we won’t be able to get together this year.

APR  5, Saturday;
13*C @ 7 am; 24*C in pm

This was a quiet day and fun-filled evening!  We spent the day at home doing very little.  I went for a looooong walk then one with Tucker for his in the morning; my sugar level is quite high, I need to exercise more!  I had a snooze in the afternoon and Val went to the club house to puzzle.  We had a “left over” dinner with Glenda and Terry which was very good all the same.  At 7 pm, we went to the hall and danced the night away on “Rock & Roll” music.  It was fun and we dance to quite a few songs.  We came home at 10 pm and soon went to bed.  It was sunny and warm today.

APR  6, Sunday; Last day in Mesa
11* @ 7am; 24* in pm.

Another sunny and warm day!  I went for another walk around the perimeter, got a good sweat out of this one.  Val did some laundry before hitting the road tomorrow.  In the afternoon we went to a friend of G&T as he just bought a Park Model.  There were a dozen people and he cooked fajitas for snacks.  We stayed for almost two hours then we walked home, picked up more booze and proceeded to Dennis and Gloria’s place for dinner and card games after giving Tucker a short exit out.  There were 10 people which made for lively conversations.  We had chicken, salad, vegetables, potatoe skins and bread.  It was delicious.  Afterwards we played a game call “Newfie Bingo” and gambled $2.50 each at a .05 a shot.  It was a lot of fun and Val had the honor of being the BIG WINNER of the night.  The last pot must have had over $3.  and I think she won over $10!  We said goodnight and goodbye to all our new friends before they demanded their money back and were home by 9 pm and to bed by 11.

Tomorrow, we head for Page AZ and the Antelope Canyon!

No comments: