About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Friday, April 18, 2014

April 15 to 18, 2014; Repairs in Coburg Oregon

APR  15, Tuesday, Repairs and shopping
8*C @ 6am; 19*C in pm

We were up at 6 am to be ready by 7:30 when our rig goes in.  After checking in, we went to the local restaurant that we frequented last year, for breakfast.  We found out that they have washing machine in the back so we will be back later to do ours.  We went to a Jeep dealer to have my engine light checked and made an appointment for tomorrow to have it fix.  From here, we went to “Camping World” and bought a few things then it was back to T/A Travel centre where we did our laundry.  Their system is connected to a machine and you can use your credit card to wash and dry your clothes; pretty neat!  From here, it was off to Walmart for some grocery and stock up on wine and beer.  We came back to MONACO to find our Beaver parked but the office closed.  We put our stuff and laundry away and checked out what had been done: Bedroom slide was adjusted, burner was fixed and the line underneath was secured but the main slide locking bar still need to be fixed.
We had HH then dinner and were in bed early!

Apr  16, Wednesday; Eugene,
8* in am; 18* in pm and cloudy most of the day

We were up by 6:30 am, had coffee and got ready to turn over the Beaver for more repair.  We went for breakfast with our neighbours then we drove to Lithia Dodge & Jeep in Eugene to have the jeep repaired.  We ended up spending from 9 am to 3 pm there, sitting around and getting bored.  We went to a pub across the street for lunch.  We had the 4 Oxygen sensors changed as per recommendation then as we left, we noticed the engine light still on so back we went and sat around for nothing because at 3 PM they still hadn’t found the problem so I said enough and we left.  We only paid for the sensors & labor which was plenty.  We came back to Monaco and soon our rig was back in its spot.  Everything is done except for the Slide lock-in which won’t be here until Friday!!! Bloody Hell!  We had a drink then dinner.  We don’t have to get up early tomorrow which is a bonus in itself. 

APR  17, Thursday, Oil & Lube.!
10* @ 7 am; 18*C in pm

I decided yesterday to have an oil & lube and fuel filters done here.  It is a lot cheaper than in BC!  So…. We went to Camping World and had it done ($269 VS $599 at Monaco).  While there, we bought a better antenna for the local channels.  We found out that the old antenna wasn’t hook-up which is why we couldn’t get any channels but the wiring is all mixed up so they spent over 3 hours chasing and fixing the coax cable in the back of the cabinet and only charged us for one hour.  We were back at our spot by 4:30 pm and now we are watching local TV and receiving about 8 channels including all the major Networks.  We had dinner and relaxed with a glass of wine.  It rained all day!

APR  18, Friday, BAD NEWS!
10* in am; 17*C in pm

We were up by 6:30 am (slept in) and out by 7:20.  We found out that the parts wouldn’t be in until 10 am so we went to the local restaurant at the Truck Stop at the corner and had lunch.  Lloyd and Teanna, from Alberta, joined us.  They are supposed to be out of here by early afternoon.  Afterwards, we went to town to Walmart to buy batteries for our alarm clock but no luck so we went to Best Buy.  Val was sweating bricks, she was so worry to I would spend a fortune there but I showed her that I can control myself, even though it was tough!  We came back to Monaco and spent the afternoon in their lounge.  I found out at 4 pm that we will be stuck here for the week-end.  The locks they sent were thicker than the old ones so they have to grind down and sides so that the slide will close properly.  Nothing we can do except accept it and make the best of it.  We parked and set up back at our spot, (at least it is not costing anything for power and water).  We had HH, dinner and enjoyed the Tube

No comments: