About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 25 to 28, 2012: Clam cook out and birthdays

JAN 25, Wednesday, clam dinner
Another hot day, upper 20’s!  After Val’s Tai-Chi, we went over to check the clams and began to get ready for our communal dinner.  Val and I walked over to TONY to get some coleslaw materials for her salad then walked back.  Another day of relaxing and getting things ready then at 4 pm everyone wandered over to Al and Brenda where we usually hold our Happy Hour.  That’s where we get the most sun as it goes down.  Things were a bit confusing to some of us as to what exactly was going to happen and when I asked; no one paid much attention until I raised my voice and got it.  I may have ruffled some feathers there but it seemed to me that if we plan something for 5 pm and it is quarter to and no one is moving, that it would be time especially since the pasta had to be cooked and the water boiled and no one enjoys eating in the dark.  We also had a full large cooler of clams so after saying my bit, I went over to start the cooking by boiling water.  I boiled two pots full before I was told that Lynn and Charlene had a recipe to cook them so I served what I had as appetizers.  Joyce and Bill joined us and Al and Lucy from two rows down also joined us and provided the clam chowder soup.  The whole dinner was very good especially Pat’s butter and garlic clams which I really enjoyed.  Of course it got dark as we started too late but that was OK and we had a fire afterwards to keep everyone warm.  It gets really cool in the evening as the sun goes down.


JAN  26, Thursday, shopping
We went into Guaymas for grocery shopping.  We first stopped in San Carlos to make an appointment for Tucker haircut then MARUE for my haircut, both Monday.  We stopped at Arboritos in Guaymas for lunch and had tortilla soup and peppers filled with shrimp.  Very delicious!  Then it was on to Walmart, a stop at Santa Rosa and the Ley in San Carlos then home to put everything away.  We read for a while as everyone was away.  Happy Hour at 5 pm; dinner at 6:30; then a quiet evening at home.  I was sick last night; I think I ate too many clams!?  I was in bed tonight by 8:45 pm tonight!


JAN  27, Friday,
It was another very warm day, it got to 28*C!  After Val’s Tai Chi we went to a bank machine to get some cash then we went to BARRACUDA BOB for breakfast and to get some birthday cards (English).  We came home and read for a while then I drove Val back to the gym and while she was there, I went to get the truck washed inside and out but he didn’t do a very good job!?  I picked up Val at 4:15 pm, drove home, and we had Happy Hour then dinner.


JAN  28, Saturday, Pat’s birthday
Today is our friend’s birthday so the plan is go out for dinner at the Italian restaurant.  It is another beautiful and warm sunny day!  I helped the guys cutting more wood for our fires then read for a while.  We had an early Happy Hour then got dressed up and walked over to PICCOLO restaurant where we had a great dinner.  The Lot people showed up in force so that made our table 18 strong.  It was quite noisy and hard to carry on a conversation of any kind.  We had lots of laugh though.  The food was fantastic and the service superb, couldn’t ask for anything better.  We came home and had a fire then to bed.

No comments: