About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

January 1 to 4, 2012; San Carlos

JAN  1, 2012; Sunday, HAPPY NEW YEAR Everyone!
Ohhhhh the joy of a hang-over!!!  That tequila last night was a killer! J  Val got up then lied on the couch and fell asleep again; she’s also nursing a huge one (drank more tequila than I).  It was a very quiet day all around the park; I wonder why!??  We read, slept and just basically did nothing.  At 4 pm, we all met for Happy Hour and even that didn’t last long.  Supper than a short stint by the fire and we were in bed by 9pm.


JAN  2, Monday, dentist visit
After Val’s Tai-Chi and her shower, we went to El Cheque for a couple of hot dogs then, after stopping at Santa Rosa groceries store, we drove to the LOT and had a visit with the gang.  At 3:30 pm, we went home and then drove to Guaymas to the dentist.  We were back home by 6 pm, in time for one drink with the group.  Dinner was home-made turkey soup, a Caesar salad with shrimps...delicioso!  Evening fire and to bed by 10 pm.  Today was my daughter’s birthday.  I tried a couple times to call her but she was out celebrating her 48th birthday I guess.


JAN  3, Tuesday
We had 4 new rigs come in on our row so I had to move my truck.  I find it amazing how some people can make it this far south...there was this guy with just a truck and camper, no trailer, yet he had the hardest time backing up into his spot...Amazing!!!  They are here overnight only, on their way south to Malaque where we heard on the BC news that a Canadian got shot during a home invasion.  No worse than 4 murders in Surrey BC in four nights.
I finally got hold of my daughter on the phone and we chatted for a good 10 minutes then it was time to hang up.  We went for some groceries at TONY, SANTA ROSA and the LEY then it was home for happy hour, dinner and a fire in the evening.


JAN  4, Wednesday, girls day out
After her Tai-Chi, Val went shopping to Guaymas with Brenda, Lynn and Charlene.  They took the bus to town (12 pesos; 90 cents Cdn).  For us, the boys, we spent it cutting wood for our fire at night then it was snooze time until 3:30 pm (for me anyway).  We had Happy Hour and Brenda made a new Margarita which was received quite well by everyone but I admit that I didn’t like it...too much lime!?  I went home to cook and we had steaks and lobster tails for dinner.  Cooked to perfection and absolutely delicious!!!  Now we are watching the news, then it will be out to the fire for a nightcap.

No comments: