About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

August 6 to 11, 2011; Lee Creek

AUG 6, Saturday
First Annual Gateway Party! But first, we both had to go to work, both our last day before two days off! I really wrenched my back at work; I got to remember I am not 20 anymore. Anyway, came home, had a shower then it was Party time. Bob installed his big tent, the band had their stuff arranged on the balcony, food was everywhere so let the fun begin. It was a complete success and I think pretty well everyone was there at one point or other. We had 9 BBQ’s set up to cook the meat or whatever one wanted to cook. We also celebrated 100 years of marriage anniversaries between 4 couples (this was actually the excuse for the party) in the park. The party went on until the wee hours but I called it quit around 11 pm. Val stayed on to dance the night away but my back was really giving grief. It was a complete success!
CHECK OUT THE PICTURES!


AUG 7, Sunday
Clean up day! We all went to clean the yard in front of the office and what a mess but it didn’t take too long. It was a good Party! Afterwards, we just work around our own yard and I had a snooze in the afternoon while Val went visiting. It was another sunny and hot day!


AUG 8, Monday
I went to Chase to the clinic for some blood work then we drove to Salmon Arm to pick up our mail and buy groceries. We stopped at Cdn Tire and bought some lights to place in and around the garden. We came home and put everything away. Happy Hour at our place with Bob & Gail and Ed &Judy. Dinner was BBQ’ed pork chops.


AUG 9, Tuesday
Back to the grind, only 4 weeks to go! Busy, busy at work and hot! Val did the laundry and then it was dinner and relaxing time.


AUG 10, Wednesday
We had a big rain fall at work this morning and yet it hardly touched Lee Creek where we live. I worked 8 hours today and Val woke up late and was a half hour late but made up for the time lost. Happy hour at Ed & Judy!


AUG 11, Thursday,

We had more rain overnight. Fairly quiet at work and I got home at 2:30 pm. Val went for Happy Hour by herself, I slept through it. I guess there was a meeting in Scotch Creek about another development and it was not well received. People in this area are really scared of new development and increase in population yet that’s what keeps their business going!?? Oh well, life goes on! Time for bed!

No comments: