About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Monday, August 22, 2011

August 12 to 20, 2011; Last of summer in Gateway

AUG 12, Friday,
Val went to work as a cashier today and she liked it although it was a long day for her...8 hrs! A quiet day for me too except that I lost my sun glasses somewhere and I’ll be dam if I can find them although I know where I lost them!?
For Happy Hour, Gail & Bob came over then our new neighbours Bruce and Joyce then Morisse and his wife Brenda also joined us. Afterwards, Gail, Bob and us went to Scotch Creek Pub and had dinner: fish & chips and a beer! As we got home, the sky opened up and we had a downpour with lighting and thunder even though it was sunny and hot all day. Time for bed!


AUG 13, Saturday,
Val went to work again today as a cashier and she is enjoying it. She works 8 to 4 with a half hour lunch break. I started at 7 am and put in 8 hours, came home, showered and put on clean clothes. We had Happy Hour at Marcel and Donna then it was time for dinner. I fell asleep in my chair so Val went visiting with Mark and his wife as they are leaving for home tomorrow in Fort St-John.


AUG 14, Sunday,
We had a small drizzle early in the morning but nothing serious, it is 15*C at 7 am. I must felt energized this morning as I washed both the car and the truck then cut and placed the bottom boards in the gazebo to hold the screen down, cut a 2x6 into pieces to make new pads for the front jacks, unloaded the truck which had fire wood, went to Scotch Creek and bought some a few items to put up Val’s clothes line while Val dried the clothes that she had washed earlier. Then it was time for a cold one and a relaxing moment before dinner. We had a fire in our pit in the evening; the days are getting shorter and shorter but it is still warm.


AUG 15, Monday,
It rained again overnight and it is overcast this morning. We went to Salmon Arm for our usual mail pick-up and groceries. I had an appointment with my doctor for routine stuff then we went to the mall where I got another pair of sun glasses as I lost my other pair (very bad habit of mine) and a pair of hiking boots as the Park will reimbursed me $50. to replace the ones I’ve been wearing and worn out. We came home and relaxed for a while before having Happy Hour with Dan & Lorie and Bruce & Joyce; Bob & Gail didn’t come over as they were recuperating from their hike yesterday on Mt Todd (hihihihihi!). Val and I had a fire later in the evening then it was bedtime


AUG 16, Tuesday
Back to work for both of us! Val went in for an extra day! At 4 pm, we went to Bob and Gail and Bill joined us. Dinner, news, and relaxing evening


AUG 17, Wednesday
More of the same. Cloudy day and a bit cooler, no Happy in the afternoon but a good dinner then to bed early


AUG 18, Thursday
Sunny but windy and cool! After work, we had Bob and Bill over for Happy Hour then Val cooked dinner for us and Bill; Bob didn’t want to stay (Gail is out of town until later). After dinner, Dan and Lorie showed up with a bottle of wine for Val as she did some check up on Lorie so we proceeded to drink and be merry. Brook showed up later for one glass then left. Bill is going home to Calgary tomorrow.


AUG 19, Friday
Work, work work! Then it was Happy Hour and relaxing time. Not much else to report so will keep it short


AUG 20, Saturday,
More work for both of us except that Val was sent home at noon as it wasn’t busy. We held Happy hour then after dinner, went to Ed’s place for a quick drink and chatted around the fire with Dan & Heather

No comments: