About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Monday, May 17, 2010

May 9 to 17, 2010; Gateway and surprised visitors

MAY 9, Sunday, Gateway, Happy Mother’s Day!
A quiet day at home. I washed Val’s car then we went to Sorrento for a brunch outing with Donna and Marcel. In the afternoon, Val and I went geo-caching on a trail near here and walked a total of 2.5 miles. It is a beautiful trail and we had biked it before so it was even nicer walking it. We came home, had happy hour with neighbours, Jack and Mim, and afterwards I BBQ’ed spare ribs for dinner followed by a quiet evening at home.
Since we are home at Gateway now for the summer, I will write this blog only once a week, recapping anything of interest.


MAY 10-17, Gateway
A quiet week ending with a surprise visit. We went to Salmon Arm for mail and groceries at the beginning of the week and I washed the car; Val got new planting soil and new flowers planted. I finally found a 20’ steel container, at a reasonable price and after seeing it, we bought it. We called a transport to have it delivered and we will place it in Gateway compound. It will be delivered next Tuesday.
Joanne and Don came for a visit on Thursday and we had a very nice visit. We got our laundry done and on Saturday, we went to a “Meet your neighbour” at new people that recently bought into Gateway. Earlier in the day, I washed the awning and the roof which was overdue.
Sunday, we had visitors from Ontario; folks we had met a couple years ago and he had pumped me for info about full-timing! Well, now they are full timing and were on their way to Edmonton to visit their daughter so stopped for an overnight visit. We had a fire and a few drinks and reminisced over the old days and chatted till the wee hours of the morning. Monday morning, after I cooked a nice breakfast to all (if I may say so me-self!) then they were on their way to Edmonton. Val left later in the afternoon for a working trip to Vancouver with Donna. The day ended with heavy rain and strong winds.

No comments: