About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

January 6 to 9, 2009 Rockport to Donna, Texas

JAN 6, Tuesday

I had to get up early today to get early to take Tucker out for his haircut. On the way back, I stopped at Dairy Queen to access the internet (free) and download my blog and upload the e-mail or is that the other way around!?? The day began rainy and cold but it’s now clearing up and warming up. I ordered my Mexican insurance from Mexicobob@aol.com and updated our finances and checked our bank balances.
We picked up Tucker in the afternoon and Val made an appointment to get her hair done tomorrow.


JAN 7, Wednesday, last day in Rockport

Our last day here. I loaded the kayaks and the bikes and the rest of the stuff laying around. Val got her hair cut in the afternoon and I picked up a couple light bulbs for the rig and went to DQ to download our e-mail.


JAN 8, Thursday, To Donna, Rio Grande Valley, Texas

We left at 9:30 for Donna in the Rio Grande Valley. We drove south on hwy35 then west on 44 and eventually south on 77. We arrived at our site in Donna on hwy 83 by 2:30 p,m, We are at Country Side RV Park, a Passport park for $11 a night. We are here for two nights. It is hot (82*F, 24*C) and windy. We have WIFI so I can catch up to my mail. We also got our regular mail today so double bonus.
In the evening, we phoned almost everyone to let them know that we will be in Mexico as of Saturday and our cellular will be on hold until we return to the States.

We covered 323 KM in 5 hours at an average of 45 MPH
N 26* 10’ 33”
W 98* 04” 41”
Alt: 86 feet


JAN 9, Friday, last day in Donna, Tx

A very hot day, but windy which saved us. I washed the truck and the front of the rig then we went shopping for last minute items. Basically got the truck ready for tomorrow. I am a bit nervous going across but it should be OK. I am not the first nor the last that has done this trip. I am hoping though that we meet someone else at the border that is going across. I have made copies of all the necessary papers for the crossing and we have our Mexican Insurance.

I’ve downloaded the last of our pictures to folder #32 in Picasa link. Now, we begin our second to last leg to home.

No comments: