About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

May 15 to 22, 2008, in Drummond'ville

On Thursday, I took Val to the clinic as she had a really bad itch on her arm and upper shoulder.  It was similar to what I had a year ago.  She got an ointment and it seemed to help.  I spent the week-end helping my brother building a small fountain in the front yard (SEE PICTURES) and we had campfires in the evening. 
On Saturday I went golfing with my brother Gaetan and a couple of his friends.  Didn't do all that well but it was fun and we had a good time.  While I was gone, Gilles moved the rig's converter so now I don't have to listen to that horrible humming in the evening while sitting in the living room.  What a relief!!!!  My baby brother, Johnny, also came out for the week-end.  He spent the nights in our rig and said that the couch was comfortable which surprised us as the mattress is pretty thin and doesn't look very comfortable.
Gilles laid out electrical wires between trees for his spotlights ( he's a fanatic about lights) and it will be my job this coming week to bury them. 
We had a pot roast on Monday which was delicious and Johnny left for his home and Gilles left for his job.
 
Vaillancourt RV called on Tuesday.  Fleetwood wants pictures of the axles!?  I can't believe the amount of bureaucracy one has to jump through to get warranty work done with this company (Fleetwood).  It's now been over two weeks since we first reported this problem.  Sure glad I am here and not paying a fortune on camping fees.  I think I would have been a lot more forceful in getting the repairs done.
Tuesday, I buried the electrical lines and filled one tank of propane at Canadian Tire store....$24. for a 30 pound tank.  Not bad considering.
We had two days of sunshine the whole week and the rest was cold and rainy.  I'll be glad when the warm weather gets here!!!
 

No comments: