About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, August 25, 2016

August 11 to 25, 2016; visit from brother Johnny

AUG 11 to 24; Visit from Johnny
Work week over, we have two days to relax and enjoy.  It is hot out and the A/C is working double time lately.  I shudder at the thought of our next Hydro bill.  Had a couple more inquiries for the Beaver but nothing serious.  It would be so nice to sell the Beaver and/or the Lot before the winter. 
Monday was spent doing chores and laundry.  It was a hot day so we didn’t much heavy stuff and found shade everywhere we could.  I got a call later in the day from a couple wanting to see the motorhome tomorrow around 2 pm.
Tuesday was again hot and the night was unpleasantly warm too.  I drove to Kamloops to pick the new pump for the washer which arrived in our mail on Monday then drove back home after a light sandwich and coffee at Timmy.  Traffic was heavy again as usual with holiday tourist and truckers.  Back home, I took the old pump out and put the new one in then our guests arrived around 3 pm and we gave them the tour.  They sat around for a while and declared that they really liked it but wanted to talk it over first and they left.  Keep our fingers crossed!
Back to work on Wednesday! Hot, hot, hot and very dusty raking the sites but thank goodness for the trees as they give us shade and keep things a bit cooler than in the sun. Three weeks of work left.  Val has been offered an extension past September 3 to do registration as the Park is staying open but on a skeleton crew. 
On Sunday, Brother Johnny and his girlfriend, Gabe, showed up for a 3 days visit.  We had been invited to Ed and Judy for one last HH before they depart for the season so we all went over.  Present were Jack and Mim, and Bob & Gail.  We had a great visit then came home and had a light dinner as we were all full from the goodies Judy served.  We were sitting under the Gazebo when the wind picked up and the leaves were flying and a branch broke and fell on the gazebo.  Needless to say we got the heck out of there and into the motorhome.  It began raining and rain most of the night.  Johnny and Gabe went to the Quaout Lodge for the night.
Monday, they arrived around 11 am and we all went to Blind Bay for a drive and also stopped at a funky house on the highway that we see every time we drive to Salmon Arm but unfortunately they were closed and no, I didn’t take any pictures.  We went back to Blind Bay to a local Pub and had a drink and nachos and wings.  We stopped at Jade Mountain where Johnny got a room for two nights.  Back home, we cooked dinner; steak, salad and a sweet mushroom that Gabe cooked, made in brown sugar and whiskey.  Yum, Yum but extremely sweet.  We sat around the fire and had a nice visit.  J&G left around 11 pm.
Tuesday was laundry day in the morning and I went to Chase for my blood test!  It is sunny and supposed to go up to 23-24*C.  We took a drive to Margaret Falls near Salmon Arm then drove through Notch Hill back roads to home.  We had chicken for dinner then sat out until 9 pm when our company left and we went to bed.

Back to work on Wednesday.  10 days left! 

No comments: