About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

August 15 to 16, 2015; Vanessa engagement

AUG 10, MONDAY; Doctor’s app’t in Kamloops
I left at 9:20 am after stopping at McD for breakfast for the road.  I arrived in Kamloops without incident, had my doctor’s appointment which was a waste of time as he had no answers for my on-going problem.  From here, I went to our lot and checked on it and picked some money from Donna for the rental we had last week.  I drove back home and arrived here around 6 pm, tired but OK.


AUG 11 to 14; more work
This was a busy week.  I got three full days and lots of driving and also spent evenings looking at and dealing with houses and mortgage applications.  It’s getting a bit too stressful.  By Friday, we were both ready for a break and went out for dinner at BRIXTON, a local new restaurant that I had heard about on FACEBOOK.  The food was good and the prices reasonable.  Beautiful décor and serversJ, friendly too!  It rained quite heavily on Friday evening and overnight


AUG 15, SATURDAY; O’Connor RV and some bad news
We took the Motorhome to O’Connor to get a couple things looked at and fix.  I also got an estimate on repairing the leak on the curbside slide.  We got calls from the Credit Union only to be told they would not finance us on the places we were looking at because they are on Native land!!  Very disappointing and frustrating.  It was cloudy most of the day and comfortable temperature.


AUG 16, SUNDAY; Vanessa and Sean’s Engagement Party.

Sunny and very smoky from all the fires from the surrounding the area.  I felt energetic this morning so took all the ceiling vents off and washed them all including inside the vent pipe as far as I could reach inside.  At 2 pm, we went to R&K for Vanessa and Sean's engagement party that her sister Hayley organized.  A great time was had by all.  Lots of people, lots of food and fun games.  HAYLEY and R&K did a great job.  We left around 7 pm and the younger crowd was still going strong.

No comments: