About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

December 18 to 22, 2014; Getting ready for Christmas

DEC 18, Thursday; Transport Day
Another busy day.  I went to Burnaby to pick up doors then to a couple places in Surrey for small parts.  Kevin called and I had to go back to Burnaby to pick up two big mirrors then back to Aldergrove for more doors.  On the way back, I stopped in Abbotsford to drop off a part we were missing and that I picked up at “Aluminex”.  I helped Rob by cutting that piece to fit, installed it and put the final “beauty cap” on it while he was busy on installing an interior door.  I was there for about a half hour then we both headed back to Chilliwack.  Weather wise, I had pretty well everything; rain, clear skies, winds and more rain.  A quiet evening at home.


DEC 19, Friday;
This week has gone by fast!  I had to pick up some doors in Langley this morning, after unloading the load from yesterday.  In the afternoon, I took some stuff to the “Home Shop” then had to deliver a door to a customer in Sardis which I picked up this morning.  I had some weird weather, first it just poured under a very dark sky and all of a sudden, the sky broke and the sun came out, albeit not for long.  By 4 pm, I was all done and came home.  We had an early dinner then went to Courtenay and Graeme for birthday cake.  Everyone brought a dessert and we got to taste them all.  Val made macaroons cookies (Yum, yum!).  Everyone was there except for Vanessa and Sid & Vera who had previous commitments.  A few of their friends also showed up which made for a very noisy evening and fun was had by all; Courtenay was spoiled with presents as she should!  We were home by 9:30 and to bed by 10!


DEC 20, Saturday;
Last week-end before Christmas!  It is very somber and drizzling at this moment (8 am).  After showering, we went to the mall to check out a couple things and ended buying a present for son Jeffrey.  We then went to Rochelle and Kevin where we caught Vanessa helping mom making pastries and Hayley doing her make-up for work.  We had a short visit with everyone then went to the Pub and had dinner before going to the cinema to see “The Hobbit”.  As I came out of the cinema I realized that my glasses had fallen out of my pocket so I went back in to find them.  No luck but I did find a watch which I turned in. I sure my problems lately with glasses!? It is still raining!


DEC 21, Sunday; Laundry day
I went back to the cinema and got my glasses which they found when they did their major clean-up at the end of the day; thank goodness!  Val did the laundry and I watched football then after dinner (roast pork cooked in the crock-pot), we went to the cinema to see “EXODUS”.  It was very good and more plausible than any other movie I’ve seen on MOSES’ subject.  Early night!


DEC 22, Monday; Back to work
I only worked half a day today.  I had a pick-up to do in Aldergrove then I stopped in Abbotsford to pick up all the equipment left over including three windows.  I drove back to the shop and unloaded everything.  I was home by 1 pm! 


No comments: