About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Sunday, June 08, 2014

June 1 to 7, 2014; Gateway & back to work

JUNE  1, 2014, Sunday; Chilliwack back to Gateway
Sunny day and warm!  Rochelle and Kevin took us to Cultus Lake Golf course for breakfast and we treated them.  We drove around and he showed us some of the jobs he did around, especially in Vedder Crossing.  We came home and I packed and got the Beaver ready to go.  We said goodbye to both of them and drove to Husky where I took on $100 of diesel and hooked up the Jeep at the back.  We got on Hwy 1 by 1:15 pm and stopped in Hope to dump.  I was going to do it in Chwk but the dump station was closed.  Anyway, that is when I noticed that the door access to the back of the fridge was gone!???  Don’t where I lost it but it means buying a new one.  We left in sunshine but when we got to the top of the “Coque” it rained on and off all the way to Kamloops.  We stopped here at Costco to return an item and bought a BBQ chicken for tonight's dinner.  We arrived home in Lee Creek around 5 pm and set up.  Dinner and relax time.

JUN  2, Monday; Doctor appointment in Salmon Arm
Sunny and very warm!  We were in Salmon Arm by 10 am to see the specialist on colonoscopy.  That lasted 10 minutes and I was out with instructions and a “wait for the hospital” call within the next 2-3 weeks.  We picked up our mail and went to get a few groceries then stopped at the RV Store for a new access door.  We came home and worked around the yard.  The Park called me to work this coming Thursday.

JUN  3, Tuesday; Gateway

It’s been a mix day as far as weather; we had sun this morning then heavy clouds moved in and we had thunder and rain
Val worked in the garden after doing her exercise and I took Tucker for his walk then she went to Chase to return a movie that we watched last night.  I BBQ’ed Pork Ribs for dinner and we used our new T-Fal cooker to make French fries which turned out wonderful (it only use one TBL spoon of vegetable oil).  In the evening, we watched the second disk of “Hell on Wheels” series, a western railway drama!

JUN  4, Wednesday;
We had a mixture of sun, clouds, rain and thunder today!  This was another quiet day doing chores around the place and reading.  HH was at Ed & Judy.  I BBQ’ed steaks for dinner and we had that with a salad.  In the evening, we watched the last of the first season of “Hell on Wheels”.

JUN  5, Thursday; Back to work
So off to work I go!  It was a busy but good day.  While away, Val went to bottle our wine then picked up my meds in Sorrento.  While there, she dropped off a few résumé around.  When I got home, my little woman was waiting for me with a beer in hand, how spoiled!  I heard from my son Jeff that he received confirmation on his purchase and he is now the proud owner of a 1995 40’ Bayliner.  We are very happy for him!  I also learned that I will be working Sundays too.  That’s good.
We had dinner then watched a new series… “The Fringe”!

JUN 6, Friday; Gateway 
My grand-daughter’s dog, Spone, was euthanized yesterday; our Love is with her and Tucker will miss him (and so will we) when we go to the Coast now.  This was a quiet day; Val worked in the yard and cleaned house, I went to Scotch Creek for some items we needed.  We had left over for dinner then watched more of the “Fringe”, a very strange movie but I am hooked!

JUN  7, Saturday; To Salmon Arm
Our neighbours, Ron and Theresa, arrived last night for the week-end.  We went to town to pick up our mail and Val wanted to buy a pair of shorts which she did (2 pr).  They were paving the highway so it was slow going with 15 minutes wait each way!  We came home and had HH at Ed & Judy as Reg and Sharon from our trip to the Baja were also present for a short visit.  There was so much food that we didn’t have to cook dinner.  The “Fringe” ended the evening.

No comments: