About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Monday, December 23, 2013

December 19 to 22, 2013; sick in San Felipe

DEC  19, Thursday; San Felipe
After our morning routine, I got energetic and vacuumed and washed the inside of the Jeep.  It took me over an hour to do a good job, it was full of dust and sand.  We had lunch then I uploaded a new version for my Kobo Reader.  I posted new pictures in our PICASA Website and ended the afternoon with a snooze.  HH at Frank’s then we had a fish dinner and Val tried a new recipe for mash potatoes which turned out excellent.  We said our final goodbyes to our new friends Ken and Elaine as they are leaving early tomorrow and going back to Mesa where they have a Park Model.

 
DEC  20, Friday;
It RAINED overnight!!!  It was heavy grey skies all morning but it finally cleared up in the afternoon and warmed up some.  We also lost our internet during the night; someone knocked the pole over down the street and the wires broke.  We went to town to pick up a couple things and had lunch at “FAT BOY”.  We came home, put everything away and I went for a snooze!  Val read and visited.  HH at Rudiger and Charlotte, dinner consisting of salad and shrimp that I bought today then some tubing to end the evening!

 
DEC  21, Saturday,
49*F at 7 am but sunny; 70*F was the maximum!
Our internet was back up by the afternoon which was a very quick repair.  I am coming down with a sore throat and sniffling; I am getting a cold!  I spent the rest of the day nurturing that while Val socialized with the crew.  I was in bed by 8:30 pm

 
DEC  22, Sunday;
52*F @ 6 am; sunny and 70*F in the afternoon!
Someone came in around 3 am and they were so loud, they woke me up; I tossed and turned the rest of the night and eventually got up at 5:30 am!  Val went KAYAKING this morning with our neighbours and friends, Charlotte and Rudiger.  It was their first time and were quite thrill about it.  As for me, I spent the day inside again feeling sorry for poor little me!!!  My cold is really wearing me down.  Oh well, better days ahead!  Val was also the only one attending HH from this household.  For dinner, Val made pork chops and potatoes then we watched “The good wife” on the tube.

No comments: