About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

September 26 to 29; Last days at Gateway and final preparations

After a light breakfast, we went to Salmon Arm one last time for my final doctor’s appointment and to get some groceries.  I stopped at Cdn Tire to buy a cross bar for Val’s bike so that I can mount it straight on the bike rack behind the jeep; I had one but for some unknown reasons, I cannot find it!??  We stopped at the Salvation Army store and dropped off 6 more bags of clothes; we are really serious about downsizing our storage, we can now walk in the middle and see the end of the container!!!  It is sunny with cloudy period on this Thursday!  On our way back, we dropped off our prescriptions at the Pharmacy in Sorrento and will pick them up tomorrow.  Once home, Val did her laundry and after it was finished, I winterized the washer.  We took the top off the gazebo, folded it and put it away, chairs are stacked and ready to go inside the shed.  I took the portable generator (to be sold) and the car’s battery to the container.  There isn’t much left to do!! 

Friday was rain, rain and more rain!  I picked up our meds for our trip in Sorrento and that was about it for excitement!

Saturday was more of the same weather; actually we also had strong winds and heavy rain at times.  We went to Sorrento to pick up meds as they had shortened me almost 3 months, just a mistake!  The rest of the day was spent walking Tucker and reading

Sunday, our last day at Gateway in the North Shuswap!  I loaded the bikes on the back of the jeep, packed the chairs in the shed, loaded the balance of the stuff needed, turned off the fridge in the shed and made sure it stayed open and finally, locked the shed for good.  I can’t wait to hit the road!  We had some clear sky for about a couple hours and the sun shone through but it soon clouded over and the wind picked up again.  We went over to Dennis and Ruth for HH; Donna & Marcel and Donna & Jeff joined us.  We had a nice visit then said our final goodbyes.  We went to the Pub for their famous Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, D&M were joined us.  I even had a snooze this afternoon after watching some Football.  It is a mild evening.

No comments: