About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

August 15 to 21, 2013; Work continues

AUG  15 to 21; Gateway and more work
Back to the grind; only 3 weeks to go (including this week) for me, 2 for Val!  It was sunny and very warm most of the day but rained late in the afternoon for a good couple hours.  It was muggy and warm which made things worse.

Back to sunshine this morning, Friday!  I came home to find Val with neighbours Carlo and Sandra having HH so I joined them of course.  We had the rest of the moose meat for dinner tonight.  The days are getting shorter and the temperature has finally fallen to a comfortable mid 70’s in the day and low 70’s in the evening.  It’s also been partially cloudy every day.

We didn’t go to the Pub on Sunday for their famous roast beef dinner, rather Val made her famous “Hurricane Plate” consisting of rice, vegetables and chicken all mix together in a chicken broth and oven cooked.  It was really good!

Monday, last day of work, thank goodness!  Came home, BBQ’ed Haddock fish then watched the tube.  Off for two days!

Tuesday, I went to Chase to bottle our wine while Val did the laundry.  When I got back, I had to go to Scotch Creek to get propane as the dryer ran out (it runs of propane); I filled the Jeep while there.  Val had a haircut by Heather and I filled out our forms for health insurance while in the USA and Mexico this coming fall/winter.

Wednesday, we went to Salmon Arm for our usual mail pick-up and grocery top-up.  I also had an appointment at the hospital for an “ultra sound” (nothing serious).  We came home, put everything away and had HH with Bob and Gail.  First it was at our place then the wasps got so bad that we moved to Bob’s place in his gazebo which is sealed in screen so we thought; they managed to find holes and come in to harass us.  Donna and Marcel also were in attendance.  I cooked steaks for dinner with corn on the cob and a Caesar salad made by Val

No comments: