About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Saturday, October 06, 2012

October 1 to 5, 2012; Dental work in Dr'Ville

OCT.  1, 2012, Monday, Dental work
We have 4 weeks left to our departure for the south; I am eager to get moving again, it is time!  First day of the month and it is raining but then it is October after all!
After lunch, I decided that I had enough so I went to the dentist and had my rear molar pulled out.  It had been bugging me for over two months but the last little while, it really began to hurt so today, and I had enough.  An hour later and $225 poorer, I came out without a molar but a sore mouth all the same.  According to the dentist, it was barely hanging on and was a matter of weeks and even days before it fell out on its own; he told me that AFTER it had been pulled of course!  I couldn’t talk for an hour which made Val happy, than I changed the cotton pad once.  Apparently I also had the start of an abscess!

 
OCT  2, Tuesday
Cloudy with a few sunny periods, Val and Therese went on a bike ride to town then had a picnic at the Park near the river.  Peter and I went with the truck around 2 pm and met them at the pub where we had a couple glasses of beer/wine then came home with the bikes in the back of the truck.  Dinner together then to each our houses for the evening

 
OCT  3, Wednesday
A sunny day but it did turn cloudy in the latter part of the afternoon.  Val and Therese went cycling and Peter and I took a sheet of gyprock to Gaetan then the three of us went for coffee at Morgane.  On our way back, Peter picked up his mail and there was a letter there for me from my son Jeffrey.  He was supposed to mail me our gate opener which he had borrowed but it wasn’t in the letter so I called him thinking he forgot to put it in but he stated he was sure he had.  The letter had been damaged and opened a bit but not enough to allow the opener to drop out...Another CANADA POST MYSTERY!??? 

For dinner, Therese made a delicious dish of spaghetti, tomato sauce, spices, cheese and bread baked on top.  It really was good.  We watched SURVIVOR after coming home at 8 pm.

 
OCT  4, Thursday
Back to rain again!  Therese went back to her home in St-Hubert; Michel is coming back tomorrow from his hunting trip.  I got some propane then a few grocery items for Val.  Peter went into town and after dumping the tanks, I did some researched on campgrounds in the Rio Grande Valley, Texas, where we plan to stay for 3-4 months.  We watched TV for a while after dinner

 
OCT  5, Friday
Sunny and warm with a few cloudy periods.  We went into town to get some groceries, wine and beer then stopped at a local bar to check it out.  We came home, sat around for a while then had dinner, a deep fried chicken and vegetables.  After dinner, Peter started a fire outside and we sat around.  Gaetan and Josette arrived for a visit then Gilles and Lise.  We sat out under a warm sky until midnight when we decided it was time for bed.

No comments: