About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Sunday, July 08, 2012

July 5 to 8, 2012; Geraldton

JUL  5, Thursday, Geraldton
A cloudy, hot and muggy day!  Temperature reached 28*C with a humidex of 32!  We spent most of the day inside except for walking the dogs, some shopping in town and mailing a rebate claim to Verizon.  Dorothea cooked a roast and we made the salad or I should say, Val did!  After dinner, Dori came over with a bag of clothes which Val promptly tried and kept some then gave some of her old stuff away for Sally-Ann.


JUL  6, Friday
It is funny how each morning begins cloudy but soon clears and becomes sunny, however today was an exception as it rained on and off most of the day.  I forgot to mention that we DO NOT have cellular service here or in town so we use the house phone to make calls.  I uploaded more pictures this morning in the latest folder in Picasa.  Val and her sister Kathy went into town to do some shopping (oh, oh!) and I read for the most part.  I did fix the lock on the closet door in the bedroom and the crank for the spare tire.  It is temporary and I will have to get a new one soon.  I also taped the rip in the material under the living room slide so it wasn’t a complete wasted day!  For dinner, Chris and Dorothea went out to a local restaurant and we went to Marty and Chantal and had pickerel fish and french fries with salad too.  YUM, YUM, YUM!  IT WAS SUPERB!  It has to be one of the best fish I’ve ever tasted, I can’t get enough.  We came home around 10 pm and went to bed


JUL  7, Saturday
Dorothea and Chris left early this morning for a kayak lesson, we didn’t get up until past 9 am; a first for me in a while!  Sunny with cloudy period and warm!
After some discussion on our part, we have decided that we will leave this coming Wednesday, the 11th.  The family is back to their jobs and regular routine as of Monday and there isn’t much for us to do here.  We had the left-over pickerel fish for breakfast with eggs and toast.  Val did the laundry and I started cutting the lawn.  I took a rest (it is a huge yard) and we went to town as Val had to pick up some meat for her stew for dinner.  I continued cutting the lawn and Val cooked her stew.  We had dinner by ourselves and Chris and Dorothea finally arrived home at 7 pm.  They had already eaten so we put the stew away.  We watched some TV then went to bed around 10 pm


JUL  8, Sunday,
It rained overnight but became cloudy with sunny period; what a weird spring/summer this is becoming to be!
Chris made everyone porridge for breakfast then I took the dogs for my usual long walk.  Afterwards, Val and I took our bikes and went to find the two geo-caches around Geraldton.  We dropped off two “travel bugs” and picked up one.  As we cycled back, we had to cross a field and Val walked across but I decided to ride...BIG MISTAKE!  I ended up ass over head and flat on my face which required three bandages to cover the cuts after cleaning all the blood.  We made it home without any further incidents.  Of course, everyone had a chuckle at my expense and it was well deserved!  After dinner, Dori and her grandson Dallas came over so that we could say goodbye to him.  After they left we watched the tube and I went to bed early as I had a slight headache (wonder why?).

No comments: