About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Monday, March 19, 2012

March 17 to 19, 2012; Puerto Penasco

MAR  17, Saturday, Penasco, Happy St-Patrick’s Day!
We got up to clouds this morning and the humidity is very high...70%!  This had been forecasted so it was no surprise.  A water pipe broke this morning so we were without water for a couple hours and my tank wasn’t filled ass we will be back in the States in a couple days; we have to wait patiently.  Val did a couple loads of laundry this morning then decided to take on the dust inside the rig so Tucker and I were kicked out.
We spent the day in as it was quite windy and although the sun tried to come out, it was cloudy all day.


MAR  18, Sunday, Penasco
We had a very stormy night; I had to get up at 1 a.m. to bring the awning in and pick up the satellite dish and peg it down.  The wind gusts must have close to over 35 mph as the whole rig was shaking as if it wanted to fly off.  I slept on and off until 4 am when it finally abated and it became calm.  At 6 this morning we had rain for about 10 minutes then it stopped. Right now at 8 a.m., the sky in the south and west is very dark with heavy clouds yet, in the north, the sky is clearing so we may have a nice day after all.
The sun eventually made it through but it was mainly cloudy all day with a north-west wind that kept things really cool.  We went to the Ley for some wine and groceries then drove over to the Malecon and had lunch at “LATITUDE 31” Restaurant.  I had a burger and Val, tortilla soup but she didn’t like it, too much tomato juice.  We came home and we reset the satellite then relax inside the rig as it is too cool to sit outside.  I did take Tucker on the beach for his walk and the wind was quite brisk.


MAR  19, Monday, Last day in Puerto Penasco
A cloudy day and much cooler again!  We had a lazy morning then we took a drive to the north side of the estuary and found a geo-cache, walked around then realize that I didn’t have my wallet so we went back to the Park to get it.  Once retrieved, we went to the market to get milk and eggs for tomorrow breakfast.  From here, we drove to a lane called “Curios Lino” ( lane of curiosity) on the north side of town...they sold all kind of wares, pots, t-shirts, jackets, hats etc...  We went to “Capone” afterwards for a bit to eat; I had a craving for pizza and we had heard that they were good so we ordered one.  It was a very busy place with lots of college kids and families.  This is a fun place and the bartender continuously engages the crowd.  He made a shot for everyone at the bar call “Dirty Banana” made of jugermester, pineapple and midori (melon liquor).  When we paid our bill, he made each one.  WOW!  It was good!  This is when I found out that I didn’t have my visa so when I got home, I checked all my pockets and sure enough, it was gone.  I drove back to “Latitude 31” where we ate yesterday and sure enough, there is was.  PHEWWWW!!!!

Back home, I put a lot of stuff away and washed the truck and its windows, readying for tomorrow departure.


No comments: