About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Monday, June 13, 2011

June 6 to 12, 2011; Problems and back to work

JUNE 6, Monday, to Salmon Arm
We drove to Salmon Arm and stopped at Canadian Tire to get a couple of little items then we picked up our mail and had our usual breakfast sandwich at Java Jive Bistro. We stopped at the bank to make a deposit then went to get Oil & Lube done on the car. We also stopped at “The Brick” to check out their store. Then it was onward to Crown Royal where I made an appointment for the Bear’s problem with the tires. We came home and had a beer with Jack and Mim who are out for the week then went home and watched the Canucks get slaughter


JUNE 7, Tuesday, Lee Creek
Rain; rain...all day so not much happened today! We read and that’s about it.


JUNE 8, Wednesday
We went to Chase in the morning to do laundry. I made a couple calls to Shaw cable and CML then worked in the yard for the afternoon. We watched the Canucks get slaughter again (now 2-2) then had dinner. My new BBQ is working really well and I am quite pleased.


JUNE 9, Thursday, to Salmon Arm and disaster strikes again!!!
We took BEAR into Salmon Arm to TRI-CROWN to have the suspension and axles checked due to the tire wearing off (See end of April). We left it there and went to town to pick up our new chairs, wine, milk, our mail then to the doctor for Val. She wasn’t there so we had to wait until 3:30 pm. Once that was done, we drove back to Tri-Crown only to learn that the frame needed strengthening as it is bending at the flange and the whole suspension straighten as the driver side tires are leaning and rubbing against the shock absorber. They say it’s a manufacturing defect and that the frame is not strong enough to support the road travelling we do. Good grief...here we go again!!!
We came home and had “Happy” hour with our neighbours then dinner and relax and ponder over this new dilemma.


JUNE 10, Friday, back to Salmon Arm for Dr’s app’t.
I had to go to my doctor to have a medical for my driver’s license as they have learned that I am now on medications for my diabetes. We came home afterwards and worked in the yard. I got a call yesterday from the Parks; they would like me to come to work early so I am starting tomorrow


JUNE 11, Saturday, Back to work
It felt strange getting up at 6:30 but I did it and spent the day painting on a new project which is replacing all the picnic table tops. Val enjoyed her day at home, visiting and working in the yard on her flowers and plants.


JUNE 12, Sunday,
Back to work and more painting. It rained part of the day so we couldn’t do painting so we worked in the Park raking pads and picking up recycling and garbage. I came home sore as my body isn’t used to that anymore. Age is definitely catching up and I have to lose a few pounds!!!!

No comments: