About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Sunday, April 03, 2011

April 1 to 3, 2011; Desert Hot Springs

APR 1/11, Friday, Last day in Indio; 90*F sunny
The month is starting on a very HOT note! It is already 101*F at noon, YES 101*F (40*C)! The A/C really has a hard time keeping the rig cool. Dave came over this morning and helped me installed two AC outlets; actually he did all the work as I am not that good at that stuff...electricity scares me! I then loaded the bikes and packed the truck. Val did a load of laundry and now she is at the pool with Louise. We met at the Ennis for Happy Hour and Gerry and Linda joined us. The girls decided to go out for dinner so we went to the “Cactus Grill” down on 101. It was a bit pricey but the food was excellent! We had a good time and came home and sat out with L & D and Gerry and Linda for a nightcap. 10:30 pm and it is still 86*F (28*C) outside. The A/C has been on continuously since this morning. Tomorrow we head for Desert Hot Springs, about 45 minutes from here but at a higher altitude so hopefully, a bit cooler!?


APR 2, Saturday, to Desert Hot Spring, CA;
80*F sunny with cloudy period
I had a lousy sleep due to the heathence my being up by 6:30 am. I even put our standing fan in the bedroom to help cool off. After packing and saying goodbye to everyone, we got on I-10 by 10:30 am and were at Desert Pool RV Resort by 11:15. We unpacked and then went to town to get some groceries and stopped for Chinese food at the mall. We came home and put everything away. The wind really picked up in the last hour, gusting to 25 MPH. There is a partial cloud cover but it is still sunny and warm...80*F (25*C). N 33* 55.435 W 116* 26.006 Alt: 1055 ft We travelled a whole 28 miles (46Km) in 45 minutes @ an average 38MPH. A long and tiring day. :)


APR 3, Sunday, DHS;

After a very nice cool sleep (50*F overnight) and a very lazy morning, we finally showered. I took the kayaks off the truck and set up the satellite dish. In the afternoon, we went to Costco to pick up a couple items then came home and put everything away. I got a 50 oz of vodka and bourbon for $21 each. I also picked up six (6) huge and thick New-York steaks for $29. Sure can’t beat those prices at home. I also filled up the truck @ 4.25/gal; cheapest anywhere in town at Valero. Earlier, I also skyped the Kirkby’s and learned that they are in Parker with a few mutual friends; unfortunately we will miss them by the time we get there but will see them all at home. Brenda and Al are already in BC at home. Val went to the club house to work on a puzzle and I caught up with my blog. IT is quite windy right now and keeping things cool. It is 73* F right now (5 pm) but it had gone up to 80*F

No comments: