About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Monday, September 13, 2010

September 7 to 12, 2010; Gateway

I had an appointment with a neurologist in Kelowna on Tuesday the 7th. Kelowna is about 1.5 to 2 hours from where we live. I stopped in Salmon Arm to pick up our mail then continued on. Ms Daisy took me on a back road when nearing Kelowna which made me miss all the traffic light in. At first, I was sceptical but it worked for the best. It was set on “Fastest distance”.
After the visit and more pills to take, Tucker and I came home. The traffic in the Okanagan was very heavy (still lots of Albertans) but light in the Shuswap. I finally got home around 4 pm.
Wednesday was cloudy and allowed me to work on the shed, sorting things out and washing the truck box and load some stuff for our trip south.
Talking about the trip, I’ve pretty well decided on our route which will take us on Hwy 93 to Montana, Yellowstone National Park, Rock Spring, Wyoming, to the Arch National Park in Utah then onwards to the four corners (Colorado, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico). In Arizona, we will be visiting Camp Verde, near Sedona; Tubac south of Tucson near the Mexican Border on I-19; Yuma for a trip to Algodones and some dental work. All of the above is depending on the weather and snow levels, some of the passes in Colorado and Wyoming are above 8,000 feet so it may affect our routes and destinations.
Thursday was more organizing and what a busy day it was! First, I took everything out of the shed and while doing that, I sorted what is going to the main storage, garbage and staying in the shed. After lunch, Dennis, Jack and Ed came over and we moved/rolled the shed over onto the new cement pad behind “Bear”. They left and I replaced everything back in the shed except the stuff going to the garbage or main storage, of course. That was my day in a nutshell and a beer was had as a reward! For dinner, Val cooked her famous chicken stir-fry.
Friday the 10th, I went to Chase to get our satellite stand fixed, picked up some groceries and mailed our property taxes. Back at home, I continued working on the yard, raking the gravel, putting everything in its final place, moved the fireplace to a more central area, moved the fire wood to the back and with Marcel’s help, moved the kayak stand and the kayaks to the compound between my shed and his. It fitted just perfect and is now out of the way and out of sight.
Val was quite pleased when she came home and after a short happy hour, we all went out to dinner at the Greek restaurant in Sorrento.
It rained overnight into Saturday morning but the day was beautiful and warm. I worked some more on the yard and finalized it as best as it would allow me under the circumstances. The ground is not quite level but I don’t want to do anything until we get the rest of the cement pad completed next year. Sunday was a total wash-out! It rained all day so we spent it inside either watching movies or visiting with the Lessard’s next door. We heard from the Kirkby’s finally and they will stop in tomorrow in the afternoon.

No comments: