About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Friday, April 16, 2010

April 12 to 15/10; Life at Gateway, North Shuswap

APR. 12, Monday, back to Salmon Arm
After breakfast, we went out to clean the yard and unload most of the toys off the truck and the “Bear”. In the afternoon, we went to Salmon Arm where I had a doctor appointment to renew my pills and also to fill out my ICBC medical form. We picked up our mail and found out that we had received registered papers from Mexico but unfortunately, it was sent back because we didn’t pick it up in time. We stopped at Canadian Tire where I got a new supply of oil for the truck. I also stopped at the TELUS retail and got an Internet “stick”. We will now have internet at home anytime!
We came home, had dinner and relaxed. Our first full day at home


APR. 13, Tuesday, Gateway
Today was sunny and warmer but the wind was a bit cool. We continued cleaning the place and Val transplanted wild flowers to our site. We went to Sorrento to pick up my pills then drove to Chase and did some banking and had a late lunch in town.
That’s basically our second day back. Tucker is having a great time exploring the neighbourhood and re-acquainting himself to all the smells. Right now he is free as there is no-one around but that will soon change.


APR. 14, Wednesday, Gateway
Val went to work with Donna this morning. She already has a couple shifts booked and we learned that as of May 15 she will be working full time at Berwick until at least September.
I went into town to get milk and a couple other items and while here, I stopped at Big O Tire to have the rear tires checked on the car; ended up buying two new tires for the rear and made an appointment for tomorrow to have the rear struts replaced and a wheel alignment done on the car... It never ends. Actually it’s a good thing I checked the tires as they were ready to blow which may have happened while Val was driving to Kamloops.
I came home, cooked supper for myself (poor me!) and waited for Val to come home which she did around 8 pm


APR. 15, Thursday, Gateway
Val went to work again this morning. I worked around the house after taking the car to the garage for the appointment. I cleaned the driveway, washed the truck, re-organized some stuff in the shed and just basically kept myself busy. Val came home around 3 pm and I went to pick up the car in Chase and got some beer and wine ($49 for 15 beers and 1.5 Litre wine, what a shocker!!)
I BBQ’ed steaks for dinner and we had a relaxing evening.

No comments: