About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 9 to 12, 2010; Desert Hot Spring, California

JAN 9, Saturday, Geo-Caching
After a lazy morning, we drove to 1000 Palm Park where we parked the truck then walked across the road to Pushawalla Park where most of the geo-caches we were looking for were situated. We climbed 800 feet along a ridge where we found lots of caches and got a fantastic view of the valley below. As we walked along we saw a couple of oasis below (see pictures) then eventually came down back to the valley and made our way back. In all we found over 12 + caches. They were easy but it was fun and we got to see an area we hadn’t seen before.
Tucker did very well but once home, he went straight to bed and we never saw him again. We were also kind of pooped too! We watched a movie in the evening and went to bed early.


JAN 10, Sunday, movie day
We got up early but not too sore from the previous day. We left the house at eleven and went to Cathedral City, next to Palm Spring, to an I-MAX movie theatre where we watched AVATAR in 3D. It was absolutely fantastic and the only way to see that movie. It was almost 3 hours long and I recommend it to anyone. It was 4 pm by the time we got back home.
Again, we hit the bed at an early hour.


JAN 11, Monday, Desert Hot Spring
While Val went for her exercises, I took Tucker to town for his appointment for a haircut. As usual, he wasn’t happy to be left behind but settled down once I was gone.
While he was there, we went geo-caching, cycling at the same time. We found an area in the desert where someone had built a small shrine/village in the middle of nowhere. It was really neat (see pictures).
In all we found 6 out of ten caches. We had to stop after the sixth one because we had to go pick up Tucker in town. While cycling, it was my turn to take a dive with the bike; I hit a sandy bar which made me lose hold of my bike and I went over. Val felt pretty good that it was me rather than her (after checking that I was OK of course). I took a shower once home and washed away my hurt ego and all the sand!
Val cooked a stir-fry for dinner then we watched a movie. A good day overall!


JAN 12, Tuesday, more Geo-Caching
Val went for her exercises and I attended a class on geo-caching but it was very basic so I left (no, I don’t claim to be an expert either). I came back to our site and washed the bikes and did some maintenance on them. I then called ROD, one of our memberships and I made some alterations to our plans towards the end of next month.
In the afternoon, we went out geo-caching and found 3 more and one we couldn’t get to because of a fence. One of them was one we couldn’t find yesterday but found today. Some of these really make you work for it (see pictures).
In the evening we went to a seminar on Caravanning to Alaska. It was interesting but not our thing...the wine was good though!

No comments: