About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

December 16 to 20, 2009: last days in Casa grande

DEC 16, Wednesday, Laundry day
After Val’s exercises, it was time for laundry chores. I replaced a couple bulbs that were burned out and then I worked on the AV Receiver trying to get the radio to work properly. (Successful) then I went with my neighbour, Ron, to town to get propane, some groceries and tool parts at Ace Hardware.
In the afternoon, we sat around and read our books. It was a nice sunny day, low 70’s. Mel came over late in the afternoon and we went over a few caches for tomorrow


DEC 17, Thursday, Geo Caching then dinner out
We went geo-caching with Mel and Lorna around Casa Grande Mountain Park. We had 15 caches total but only searched for and found 6. The terrain was quite rugged and lots of cholla which we all had encounters with. Believe me when I say that they are prickly and hurtful. We came back around 3 p.m. and we, Val and I, got ready for dinner out with Uncle Bud and Judy and Cousin Bill and Glynnis from Oliver, BC who are staying at a RV Park in Arizona City. We had a very nice visit then we went our own way after saying our goodbyes. We watched “Survivors” in the evening


DEC 18, Friday, Casa Grande
A warm day it was! After showering, I took the truck to the Ford dealership to get a fuel valve replace compliments of a recall! The amazing thing is that the last time we had a recall, we were also in Casa Grande. While there I got a lube & oil, fuel & air filter change.
From here, I went into town to get my laptop looked at as the “Virgin Mobile” stick(Internet hook-up) would not hook up. I went to Best Buy and they fixed it without any cost. When I came home Val had disappeared to a bead class and she was gone most of the afternoon so while she was gone, I read.
For dinner, I BBQ’ed pork chops which were absolutely delicious!


DEC 19, Saturday, Casa Grande
Sunny and warm! We went to get some groceries at Safeway and some cash for tonight. Spent the afternoon reading and visiting with neighbours. A few more BC’ers are here now. I had bought “WIN7” at Costco the other day so I installed it ( a clean install). I had a couple problems but got them straighten out. We will see if it was worth the expense!?
We went to the club house for dinner, steak & baked potato, salad and dessert. It was delicious. At 7 pm we went back to listen to a family (Whistle Stop) playing Gospel and Blue Grass music. They were quite good and we enjoyed the evening. Of course, we met more people. We came home around 9 pm


DEC 20, Sunday; last day in Casa Grande
A cloudy morning greeted us but it is warm!
We had a lazy morning and I cooked breakfast! A busy afternoon it was. First, Lorna and Melvin came over for a visit and to say good-bye then a couple of other neighbours came over. Val was busy being the social butterfly while I loaded the kayaks, the bikes and put away the BBQ and chairs. Later in the afternoon, I read and Val enjoyed talking to the neighbourhood ladies. It wasn’t all that warm as the sun never really came out but it wasn’t cold either.
For dinner, Val made chili and it was delicious; now we relax. Tomorrow we head out and west!

No comments: