About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Friday, July 31, 2009

July 24 to 31, 2009 Gateway

JULY 24, Friday, shopping day in Salmon Arm
Val wanted to stay home today so I went to Salmon Arm on my own. I picked up the mail, downloaded our e-mail and uploaded the latest on my blog. I picked up a few groceries as ordered then drove to Chase to turn in our video and pick up a new series. I gassed up the car on the way home @ 1.01
Called Jeffrey and the kids about us coming down to the coast and pick up Jeff’s boat for a couple weeks. Later in the afternoon, Berwick called and want Val to come in tomorrow for work. We discussed our options and decided that I would go down on my own.
BBQ’ed steaks for dinner. It was another hot one today....35*C


JULY 25, Saturday, to the coast
Val went to work at Berwick this morning and I left for Vancouver. The trip down was uneventful, hot and humid on the coast. I first stopped in Logan Lake where I picked up a DVD full of pictures and documents from my old drive, cost...$70. He told me that the DVD was only half the disk and to look at it and he would continue with the process if necessary. I went to the pub for “Bull’s Ribs” then a quick visit with the Kirkby’s then onwards to Chilliwack. I stopped at Rochelle and Kevin for a ½ hour and learned that Kevin just bought himself a motorbike. He is quite happy about it but can’t say the same about my daughter, Rochelle. The traffic into Vancouver was very heavy, especially near Langley. In Port Moody, I met Jeffrey on his boat and while there we had a horrendous downpour for about an hour but we were inside a restaurant eating dinner.
I sat with Jeff on his boat for about an hour than went to his place for the night; Jeff stayed on the boat.


JULY 26, Sunday, back to north Shuswap
Sunny with clouds and warm! I got up around 8 a,m, went to “Tim Horton” for a breakfast sandwich and coffee then met Jeff at the marina. We went for a boat ride to Deep Cove on the North Arm and back. Upon our return, we took the boat out and Jeff took me through all the nitty gritty of the boat. We then hooked up the trailer to my truck and after saying good-bye, I left with the boat in tow. I stopped in Chilliwack to see if my grand-daughter, Hayley, wanted to come stay with us for 2 weeks but she wasn’t interested. I guess we are just too old and boring for her. Kevin was gone for a bike ride so I visited with Rochelle for a few minutes then left for home. The drive back home was uneventful again although the traffic was heavy to Hope but thinned out in Hwy 5. I arrived home around 6 p.m. A long day! Val had dinner on then it was relax and beddy-bye early


JULY 27, Monday, Gateway

Val went to work this morning and I washed the back side of the rig so that takes care of that. I also went over the DVD; there are a lot of documents but most are useless. The process picked up everything off the hard drive including bits and pieces of deleted items and files in temporary folders. The same is true for the pictures so I began first by downloading everything on the hard drive then going each and every picture, deleting what was no good but managing to keep some good ones.
In the afternoon, I drove to Scotch Creek with a neighbour and put the boat in the water. Jack took the truck back to our site and I drove the boat to Gateway’s dock. I took Jack and his wife Mim for a ride out and we went for a swim. Water temperature: 76*F, pretty nice! Jack allowed me to moor the boat on his buoy in the harbour for the next ten days while I have the boat. We came back in and had a beer on the beach and Val showed up so we went out again, the two of us, and drove to Don and Joanne’s cabin where we docked and visited for a few minutes. The wind picked up so it was time to go back.
I think I had too much sun today as I fell really dizzy early in the evening and must have drank a gallon of water (felt like it, anyway)
It was another hot day, 39*C!

JULY 28, Tuesday, Gateway
I was up at 5 a,m, this morning because of a headache and a sore knee. I think I got a mild case of sun stroke being on the boat so long!? Anyway, I continued sorting the pictures; there are a lot of good ones but unfortunately the process lost the dates and file names that I had put on. At least I am getting some good pictures back. Did I mention that I have to sort through over 9,000 pictures!? YES, NINE THOUSAND! This is going to be a slow process.
Early in the afternoon, the inspector form Camping Country RV showed up as scheduled and we went over the damage on the main slide. As suspected the rubber seal and the rubber roof on the slide will have to be replaced. He also discovered that there is a ¾ inche difference in elevation on the top wall entrance for the slide. This is the same problem I had with the small entertainment slide a while back. As usual, another black mark for Fleetwood. I will contact them to see if I can get financial help but not holding my breath as I am told they are bankrupt!?
In the afternoon, I went for a boat ride.


JULY 29, Wednesday, Salmon Arm for eye exam
I got up at 7:30 feeling refreshed! I continued with the pictures for a while and so far, I have managed to save over a thousand of them. It will be fun to sort out all that mess.
I went to Salmon Arm in the afternoon for an eye exam. Apparently my vision has improved so I need new glasses. I went to World Vision to get new ones at a saving of over 200$ so it does help to shop around! Got home around 5 p,m. and Val was home already. Another hot one, 39*C (over 100*F). The A/C hasn’t stopped all evening. We are going to be glad when this heat wave is over.


JULY 30, Thursday, Gateway
A quiet day, I watered the plants then went to Scotch Creek for some beer. My son Jeffrey arrived around four and wanted to go for a boat ride so we went for about an hour then came home and had BBQ’ed steaks.


JULY 31, Friday, Gateway
We had to go to Salmon Arm for Val’s eye exam so Jeff went boating on his own. We got back at 4 p.m. and after putting the groceries away, we went for a dip on the boat. The water is wonderfully warm, 76*F so very pleasant to swim in. Afterwards, we motored to Blind Bay for dinner at the local pub on the water. Food was good and the waitresses very cute, so said Jeffrey! WE came home and joined our neighbours for a birthday party. A great day!

No comments: