About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

April 4 to 8, last days in San Carlos

APR. 4, Saturday, Semana Sante (Holy Week)
This coming week is Semana Sante, Holy week. This means that it’s going to be crazy in town with traffic as a lot of Mexicans are off work and came here to San Carlos for a holiday and party. We went to TONY for some greens then home.
At 5:30 we went to THE PALAPA restaurant on the beach with Gaylard and Carol for a lamb dinner. It was different then what I am used to but good all the same. We came home around 8 p.m. and had a nightcap before saying goodnight.

APR. 5, Sunday, San Carlos
Another quiet day! Val did some laundry and I went to the bank to get some deneros. It was cloudy all day and warm. Traffic in town isn’t too bad considering. The park is almost empty and only 3-4 rigs came in for overnight stay. The season is definitely coming to an end. Downloaded e-mail and updated the blog

APR. 6, Monday, 3 days to departure
An overcast day but very warm! We went to the dentist and Val had a slight problem fixed then we went to Guaymas to get some wine and beer and buns at SORIANA then came back to San Carlos and picked up Val’s meds. So far the traffic in San Carlos has been manageable. Let’s hope it last to Thursday morning.
Other than that, it was a quiet day at home. We got an e-mail from our friends Glenda and Terry and we’ve made arrangement to meet in Tucson on Saturday, the 11th…looking forward to it.

APR. 7, Tuesday, one last day at the beach
Val went for her last Tuesday Tai-Chi class then we went to SOGGY PESOS to meet Garry and Virginia. Val and Virginia went out on the Bay while Garry and I watched them and I had a beer. The beach was very busy today. There are more and more young Mexicans coming out for the Semana Sante. We came back around 3 p.m. I washed the kayaks and loading & secured them for our departure. Also put away the bikes after washing them. Things are sooooo dusty!
We had dinner then went over to Gaylard and Carol for one last nightcap. They are leaving tomorrow.

APR. 8, Wednesday, Last day in San Carlos
We got up late this morning and that’s OK! I washed and cleaned all our gear and put everything away. Washed the awning and put it up after it dried. The only things left out are two chairs, the satellite dish and the water and sewer hook-ups. Tomorrow we leave for Magdelena, about an hour from the Border which we will cross on Saturday morning.
The place is really looking empty now; only 15 rigs left in the park. Our neighbour, Gaylard and Carol left this morning for northern places.
We went for one last hot dog at EL CHEQUE and said our goodbyes to him. We are going out for dinner tonight, probably the Best Western Hotel.
I also called TELUS and re-connected our cell as of this coming Saturday.

No comments: