About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Saturday, February 07, 2009

February 1 to 6, 2009 San Blas to Teacapan

FEB 1, Sunday, SuperBowl day in Playa Amor!

Val did a load of wash and I washed all the equipment from our last two days. At 4 p.m. we met at Collen and Mac motor home and watched the SuperBowl game. Didn’t win any money unfortunately and Val came close but Arizona screwed it up.


FEB. 2, Monday

I took my flat to a local shop and they took it apart and found a 4 inch pipe that had been flatten at one end and caused my flat tire. The tire is ruined so I have to get a new one. Now I will have to go to Tepic tomorrow to get that remedied.
Not much else to report. I did my internet and downloaded my mail and updated my blog


FEB. 3, Tuesday, to Tepic

We left at 7:45 a.m. and followed Colleen and Mac to Tepic. What a road! Full of curves and switchbacks but beautiful scenery. I am sure glad we don’t have to come here on a daily basis, I’d lose all my nerves. We left Mac and Colleen at the Honda dealer and found a tire shop where I purchased two tires for the rear. Same make and size as to what I have on now but cheaper than home. We had to wait until 2 p.m. as they had to bring them in so we went shopping at Wal-Mart and the Ley. The Ley had a beautiful mall and Val was able to get her watch and bracelet fix for 10 pesos ($1.)
At 2 p.m. we went to the tire shop and they changed both tires and put the spare back, balanced them and we were on the road within 20 minutes. Can’t beat that, I tell you!
Tepic is at 3200 feet but we had to climb to 3700 feet than deal with the curves and switchbacks all over again going downhill to 100 feet but were home within two hours safe and sound, I think!?
We went to check our mail and found out that Rochelle will not be coming down so it’s time to leave. It’s disappointing but we understand


FEB. 4, Wednesday, Playa Amor

Val was up early again and went bird watching with Charlene and Lynden. I met them at Miramar for breakfast at 9 a.m. in Santa Cruz.
It’s been a really hot day and there is little to no wind. Everyone is trying to find shade and no move unnecessarily.
We found a way to get a week back of our pesos. Mac will buy back a week and give us the money so we are leaving with the Kirkby’s Friday morning.
In the evening, we went over to Rudiger and Charlotte and played a game of charade with 3 other couples. It was fun and lots of laughs. It is still pretty warm outside but comfortable.


FEB. 5, Thursday, Packing

We got up early and I washed the truck and all the equipment then put everything away. Amazing how much junk one carries on these trips. I was finished by 1 p.m. and went for a dip in the ocean then a shower. It felt marvelous. We sat at the point and read for a while then it was time for Happy Hour! There are 6 rigs leaving tomorrow including us.
We went to Colleen and Mac for dinner. She prepared a marvelous meal then we had wine and aperitif. There were eight of us including Lynden and Char, Leo and Lynn.
We got to bed at 10 p.m.


FEB. 6, Friday, to Teacapan, Sinaloa, Mex.


We were on the road by 8:45 after saying goodbye to everyone. We drove on hwy 12 to San Blas then turned right and headed for Hidalgo where we stopped to get some propane at 150 pesos. We continued north to Hwy 15 where we turned north west towards our destination. I stopped in Rosamada for fuel as I like to top up when the tank is half empty. We went through 3 check points for fruit and one military one. No problemo as we say and no fruita!
In Escuinapa we turned south on Hwy 02 and stopped for lunch then headed for our campsite. We arrived at Villa Onac in time to grab the last two pads by the ocean, paid 1155 pesos for a week and set up. Rudiger and Phil arrived about an hour later. It is hot again but there is a good breeze
We had happy hour with a group of people we had met in San Blas then it was time for dinner and relaxing.

We travelled 249 KM in 6 hours at an average speed of 36 MPH

N 22* 36’ 49”
W 105* 47’ 34”
Alt: 18 feet

1 comment:

Joyce and Bill Coffey said...

We just got to San Carlos and looked for your rig--disappointed not to see you here ready for 5 o'clock happy hour?? What's the deal???
Joyce & Bill Coffey