About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home base is a resort Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

October 12 to 19, 2008, our last week in Dr'Ville

OCT. 12, Sunday. In Drummond’Ville

We got up late to a beautiful day again. We’ve sure been getting the weather lately. I cooked breakfast then we went back to work on the renovations. Varnished the doors and put the final touch on the small trap door in the bathroom. Sure looks great
A good day overall!

OCT. 13, Monday

Gaetan and Diane came out for a visit so we sat by a nice fire. Val cooked Chili for everyone and it was a success. Everyone left around 9 p.m. and Gilles had to get ready to leave for his work.
A good day overall!

OCT. 14, Tuesday

Had a good night sleep and after breakfast, Val did the laundry and I began to pack the bikes and our stuff. Organized the basement and then washed the bugs off the front of the truck and cleaned the inside.
It was sunny this morning but it’s cloudy now, late in the afternoon but it sure is warm…19*C

OCT. 15, Wednesday

We had a bit of rain overnight but right now it’s cloudy with sunny periods and much colder than yesterday. Forecast is for 14*C today which isn’t too bad.
I installed the doors for the new cupboard under the TV. It took this long for the varnish to dry properly. I was going to wash the truck but decided to wait as the forecast is for rain.

OCT. 16, Thursday

It rained overnight and still raining right now at 9 a.m. I sent an e-mail yesterday to Fleetwood again. This time, I made threats to seek outside help and…hold and behold…they finally answered this morning via e-mail. She says she will call our cell later so will see how good she is with her word.
I did a couple chores for Gilles, washed the truck and packed the rest of stuff. All that’s left now is loading the kayaks and step-ladder.

OCT. 17, Friday

Not much to report. I helped Gilles around the yard, took Tucker for walks and packed the BBQ and table.
After dinner, Val made apple crisper dish and we went to share it with Gilles, Lise and Anthony. Came home around midnight and straight to bed.

OCT. 18, Saturday

A very cold night…-5*C! Definitely time to leave.
Big day! Everyone came over to say their goodbyes. It was wonderful. Everyone started arriving around 2 p.m. We had a big fire going outside and then a wonderful dinner. The girls danced inside in the evening while the guys stood outside by the fire chatting and telling stories and lies!
It ended too soon and tears were shed as everyone left. Johnny and Ginette slept over our place and the six of us continued the party until 1:30 a.m.

OCT 19, Sunday Last day in Dr’ville

We didn’t get up until 9:30 a.m. Sunny outside but very cold. Still -2*C and the water line is frozen. It finally thawed about an hour later. We went out for breakfast then Johnny did a couple of touch-up in the rig and then we visited. They left around 5 p.m. and we had dinner with Gilles and Lise then came home and hit the hay by 10 p.m.
Tomorrow, we head south!!!
Downloaded a few pictures in a new folder #23 (Last day and heading south to Vermont)

No comments: