About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Friday, August 08, 2008

August 1 to 7, 2008 Week in review

What a boring week! We spent most of our days in the rig as it rained and rained and rained. actually, we had one day of sun when I quickly cut the grass then that night, it rained again.

I finally heard back from Fleetwood and they've agreed to reimburse me the money for the tire and they have instructed St-Cyr (and they've agreed) to reimburse me the $100 they charged me for opening an account with them. Talking of St-Cyr, heard from them yesterday and they have received the parts so an appointment has been set up for September 2.

We've decided to go to Geraldton this coming Sunday, the 10Th. We will be there for 2 to 3 weeks hence the late date for the appointment. I think it will be nice to get out of here and move again. I have to admit that I was getting really down with this weather. I hope it doesn't follow us to Ontario. The forecast is for sunshine the whole coming week there and rain here until at least next Wednesday.

Oh yeah.....I received the satellite receiver that I ordered from Star Choice a week ago. Considering the girl told me 3 weeks to delivery, that's pretty good.

Been reading our friends, Glenda and Terry's Blog and it's neat to read about the places they have been to which we saw 2 years ago. Brings back memories! They are taking the ferry to Newfoundland tomorrow, I believe, which is a trip we haven't done yet. Maybe in the future!???

Gilles came home yesterday for the week-end and we sat under the awning chatting and reminiscing....don't know what brought those subjects up!? Anyway, didn't get to bed until 11 p.m. Good times!

Val has been writing a bunch of e-mails to friends this week.

Last week-end, August 2, we attended a party at my sister Christiane. It was a lot of fun even though it rained all evening. We had set up tents in the yard the day before which helped tremendously. Her partner's family and ours met for the first time. A good bunch of people and it went on until about 1 a.m. The rain held off until after dinner which was good. Thank goodness it was warm.

No comments: