About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Friday, December 07, 2007

December 4 to 6 In San Diego, CA.

DEC. 4, Tuesday, sunny

Got up early, showered, packed and left by 9:15 a.m. Drove I-10 west to I-60, got off at Mtn View in Chino and arrived at McBride RV Repair shop on Oaks St around noon. Checked in and were told they will get to it first thing in the morning which was fine by us. They gave us a site with water and electricity (30 amps) and then we went for lunch in Chino at Riverside cafe, a neat little yuppy place.
It is sunny and warm, around 79*F ( 23*C). Checked out a couple of other places then came home and read.

N 34* 00' 11" W 117* 40'37"
Alt: 707'
Distance today 154 KM

DEC. 5, Wednesday, sunny

We got up early again and left our rig by 8:30 a.m. so they can start on it. These folks are the nicest people we've ever met. They all bend backward to accommodate us and the staff in the office are polite, friendly and most helpful. What a pleasant atmosphere! Fleetwood should take lessons from these guys!!!
We went to the local airport for brunch as it had been highly recommended by Dennis at McBride. It was very good. From there, we drove to Prado Park, a Regional Park which turned out to be very nice with a couple of small lakes and we gave Tucker a good run. He enjoyed it. We also visited an old farm built in the 1800's and built of adobe bricks. Also visited a huge mall but didn't buy anything.
In the latter part of the afternoon, we went back to the airport and had a beer in the lounge/bar. People were friendly and the waitress was cute!!!! You should see the size of a mug of beer....HUGE!!!!!!
Came home and learned that they have another hour of work to do in the morning then we can be on our way. We had dinner and spent the rest of the evening reading. In bed by 10 p.m.

DEC. 6, Thursday, sunny with some clouds

Up early again and left while they finished the job. We went to a local restaurant, had coffee and read for an hour then drove back to McBride and after paying our bill, saying goodbye to everyone and paying them compliments on their hospitality, we left and got on Hwy 71, south to Hwy 91, East to I-15 and turned south. About an hour out we remembered that we left our spare set of keys at McBride. We called them and the will send them via FED-EX overnight.
At Hwy 52, we headed west to I-5 then south to our site, Santa-Fe RV Park. It is situated right beside the freeway so very noisy. Sites are tight and it is expensive; $30 per night including taxes and that is with PASSPORT AMERICA.
After setting up, I had to go to town to get some propane. Paid $35 for one tank....highway robbery!!! I knew it was expensive here but this is ridiculous. We are here until Monday morning. It is cooler now and the clouds are getting thicker. The forecast is for rain for tomorrow.

N 32* 49' 38" W 117* 13' 54"
Alt: 122'
Distance today 180 KM

No comments: