About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Friday, June 05, 2009

June 1 to 4, 2009; Chilliwack

JUNE 1, Monday, truck repair
We had a late morning and I made a few calls and got an appointment with VALLEY INJECTION for 1 p.m. so I drove to Langley first to pick up my laptop which had the system re-loaded (free of charge) then went back to Abbotsford for my appointment. After two hours of more diagnostics and prodding, they finally agreed with me that it is the Jake causing my problem so they changed their circuit breaker and control box, updated the system to an all electronic one, re-wired the whole thing and my problems became history. I finally left after 4.5 hours of waiting while they repaired it at no cost to me. They credited me the time spent searching last Friday.
I drove back home and had dinner with my little family. Afterwards, Rochelle, Kevin and us went to the school to work on the GRAD decorations. We cut, painted the whole set with 3 other set of parents there and finally called it quit around 9 p.m.


JUNE 2, Tuesday, Chilliwack
Another lazy day, sunny and very hot! I re-loaded my programs and uploaded my files & pictures that I had carefully and diligently saved on a disc (double checked it this time). We did some shopping then we went to visit friends we had met in San Blas, Mexico. Rudiger prepared a wonderful meal for us while Charlotte visited with us. It really was delicious and superb! We then enjoyed a few laughs and each other’s company on the balcony with a wonderful view of the Chilliwack Valley and the city. They live on a local mountain known as Promontory Mountain. We got home around 11 p.m. and went straight to bed as we have to get up early.


JUNE 3, Wednesday, Quantum repair
We reluctantly got up at 6 a.m. to get the rig to Langley by 8 a.m. to have the springs and suspension repaired once again. After dropping it we went looking for a couple things and stopped at Works World Wearhouse to buy jeans and new shorts. We got a call from the garage saying that the “moor-ride” needed new parts and was quite worn-out. They suggested going to a “RYDER” suspension system which we approved. It is a better system and will better meet our demands on the trailer. The parts for the Moor-Ride had to come from Indiana so it would have meant a return trip here after a lengthy wait. We decided to bite the bullet and go for the change. This move had actually been suggested to me back in Quebec last year so I don’t feel uncomfortable doing the repair. I will try to re-coup some of the money from our extended warranty if possible and will also write to Fleetwood although I don’t hold my breath on that one.
We came back to Chilliwack without the trailer and went out for dinner with Val’s cousin here in Chilliwack as it is his Birthday. We had a very nice visit. Their daughter and son were also there. We made it an early night. It was a very hot day...98*F, 36*C


JUNE 4, Thursday, Chilliwack.
I went to Langley to pick up the Quantum while Val went to visit her cousin’s wife here in Chilliwack. The trailer was ready by 2 p.m. I paid the bill, stopped at a rest area to dump and came home to reset everything. We cooked dinner for the kids as mom and dad were busy at the school setting up the grad’s stage. They finally got home around 8 p.m., tired but happy that everything is done. We had cooked enough for them so it was just a matter of warming it up.
It’s been another very hot day...95*F (33*C)

No comments: