About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 13 to 21, 2010; Gateway and Chilliwack

Sunday, the 13th,was another very nice and warm day; has our summer finally arrived????? We spent the day outside reading, visiting and doing laundry in Chase in the morning.
Monday was a day off for Val so we went to Salmon Arm to have my web stick fix, picked up some groceries and our mail.
I went to work on Thursday and Friday at the Provincial Park for the first time. Two training days following another worker around and learning the routine and the machinery. My hours are 8 am to 3:30 pm with a half hour lunch and a ten minutes coffee break in the morning. I will be pretty well working on my own doing different duties. After two days, I felt pretty easy with the job and I think I will enjoy this!
Friday evening, we had happy hour at Bob and Gail then moved to Dennis and Ruth after dinner where I proceeded to get drunk on wine and felt sorry for myself all week-end. Of course, I got NO sympathy from noone!!
Saturday morning we left for Chilliwack. Val drove the whole way and I slept off my hang-over. In Chilliwack, we went to Sears to purchase a present for Vanessa’s shower then after an early dinner; we went to see Hayley’s dancing at the theatre. Needless to say we were all quite proud of here. She is getting really good at it and Loves it which helps. She is even talking about following this as a career. The dances lasted for 3 hours and all the kids were marvellous with so some really good shows. We were not allowed to take any pictures but they did sell a video of the soiree. We got home around 10 pm and after a short visit, I called it a night.
On Sunday, for Father’s day, Rochelle prepared a marvellous meal for lunch consisting of a Roast Pork and the works. Present were Vanessa and her future husband, Garrette; Graham with his new girlfriend, Carla; Hayley and all the grand-parents. We had a nice time and unfortunately, I forgot to take some pictures.
In the afternoon, around 2:30 pm, all the girls left for the shower and I slept on the couch. Val did take some pictures there which I posted.
Monday the 21st, after saying good-bye to everyone and meeting with our financial adviser, Andrew, at 2 pm, we left for home in cold weather and rain but as we crossed to Merritt, the sky opened up to a nice blue and the temperature warmed up a lot. We got home around 7 pm after stopping for dinner in Kamloops. Nice to be in our own bed again!!!

No comments: