About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 28 to 31, 2011; Gateway re-zoning

AUG 28, Sunday
Today was a quiet day at home. Val went to work for 4 hrs but it ended up being 8 hrs. I washed the inside of the truck and wiped the outside then it was water time...YES, WATER TIME! My body was rejecting any kind of booze taste today so I took it easy on it! No Happy Hour although we had visit from our neighbours wondering if I was sick or dying! Hihihihihihi!


AUG 29, Monday

We went to Kamloops to Costco and Super Store. We had to return some items and got more stuff of course and groceries at Super Store. Came home by 3 pm, put everything away then went to Theresa & Ron’s place for dinner. It was a delicious one too: Chilliwack Jubilee corn, perogies and BBQ farmer’s sausage. Afterwards, we played cards until about 8 pm when we called it quit.


AUG 30, Tuesday
Back to work for me; my last week there! Val managed to do one load of wash before she got a call to come in for work; noon to 8 pm. so I fended for myself for dinner. Actually we had bought a Sheppard pie at Costco so I heated it in the oven. Val had some when she got home. Wasn’t bad but I won’t buy it again.


AUG 31, Wednesday
We both went to work this morning. Another month gone by! Time does fly by! Val did more laundry then went to Chase to the bank to deposit her pay cheque. I got home at 4, had an early dinner then we both went to a citizen meeting in Scotch Creek regarding the rezoning of Gateway. This is the third and final reading of the proposal then the CSRD will vote on approving or not the development. We had a good turn out representing our development but so did the Lee Creek Association however it was very civilized and no one bickered or insulted anyone. Got home at 10, posted this blog and went to bed after making my lunch.
GOOD NIGHT!

No comments: