About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 30-31, 2015; Award nominations

JAN 30, Friday;
I forgot to mention that I have received an appointment for the operation on my sinus problem; the date is March 23 and I am looking forward to it.  I went to Chehalis to drop off doors then came back to the shop and worked on moving stuff with the fork-lift.  We loaded the mirrors that I picked up yesterday and we went to a school where the kids used to go when they were young and installed the mirrors.  It was a hard job as the space was limited but we got them all in without breaking anything.  I left work around 3:30 pm and went to the Mall to buy a pair of shoes for the outing tomorrow.  I was in bed by 8 pm as I was tired and I have to get up early again tomorrow to help grand-son Graeme.


JAN 31, Saturday; Award for grand-son Graeme and Unger Windows & Doors

I was up at 6:30 am and met Graeme and Kevin at IHOP for breakfast at 7am.  We went to Graeme’s house and began picking up branches from a very huge tree that fell down the last time we had a strong wind storm.  It had made quite a mess!  Anyway, four loads later (with a long flat deck trailer) we got it all cleaned up and even installed a new outside door for Graeme.  We finished at 3 pm.  I went home, had a beer, showered and we got dressed up for the Award Presentation this evening.  Graeme has been nominated for “best employee” and “Unger Windows, the “best company of the year”.  The Chamber of Commerce is making a few presentation tonight to different businesses and individuals.  The theme of the evening was the “Roaring 20’s” and practically everyone was dressed for the occasions.  Each tables represented a company or group and ours was at the back between two bars (I guess they heard about us).  Anyway, it was a lovely evening and although neither the company nor Graeme won, it was an honor all the same to be nominated.  We were home by 10:30 pm

No comments: