About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 26 to 31, 2014; Chilliwack

MAY  26, Monday; Chilliwack
It rain all morning but the sun did finally come out at the end of the day.  My brother Johnny came out to visit us and stayed for dinner.  We had an excellent visit.  I cooked dinner, Sheppard Pie, Quebec style and everyone enjoyed it.  We had a very good HH and even had grand-daughter Vanessa come out for a visit.  An excellent day with the family!
I had problems all day with blowing breakers in the house and I am not sure what was causing it.  The Aqua Hot water heater would not work nor the furnace but when we came back in the evening, the diesel heater worked and so the furnace????  I figured it may be due to the low power but I’ll find out Wednesday as I have an appointment with a dealership.

 
May  27, Tuesday; CHWK
SUNSHINE!!!  Hoora!  I wonder if all my problems with furnace and breakers are due to only using 15 amps as this morning the furnace worked and so did the diesel heater so I can only assume that it is because of the low amperage!?  All is well now but still having problem with the water pump.
We went into town to pick up some groceries for dinner tonight and I stopped at BIG O TIRE that Kevin recommended and I ended accepting the quote they gave me as it was the best yet that I got.  We came home and after a short snooze, we cooked dinner for R&K.  Grand-son Graeme and his fiancé Courtenay were supposed to come but she got a really bad infection so they couldn’t make it.  After dinner, Vanessa showed up for a visit and we got to meet her new boyfriend.  Hayley also arrived a bit later so it was great seeing them.  We had a cool breeze early in the evening which forced the girls to put blankets around them even though we had the ceiling heat lamps on.

 
MAY  28, Wednesday; Repairs and stuff
Woke up to more rain this morning, good grief!  Had coffee with my daughter before she went to work then I had a shower and got the MH ready.  At noon, I had to move out as they were moving a flat bed trailer beside us and also the garbage was being picked up.  I drove to Cottonwood RV and had the water pump checked and it turns out it was my own dumb fault; I forgot to plug the intake for the R.O. System which was causing a back vacuum and preventing the pump from doing its job.  Anyway, $20 later I was back home and parked in our spot and quickly set up.  I then got my spaghetti sauce prepared for dinner then drove to BIG O Tire shop to get my 4 new tires, rims and a wheel alignment.  Back to the house, I finished preparing then the kids arrived home and by 6:30 pm, we were sitting down with Graeme and Courtenay & R&K.  We had a very nice dinner and a fun visit.  We were back at our place by 10 pm.

 
MAR  29, Thursday; To Coquitlam
More rain this morning!  Coffees with Rochelle first thing this morning then shower after she left for work.  We had to go to Walmart as our coffee pot decided to quit on us yesterday.  Afterwards, we left for Coquitlam in the Jeep and visited Val’s daughter, Joanne and the grand-kids, Jenaya and McKinley.  They sure have grown since last year.  We had a marvelous afternoon and evening with everyone and left around 9:30 pm.  We got to Chilliwack about an hour later, said goodnight to Rochelle and brought Tucker home with us for the night.  We left him behind as we figured the kids would be too much for them and were afraid that he might snip at them if they manhandle him too much.

 
MAY  30, Friday; To Langley
Sunshine!!!  We had to make a couple stops along the way but eventually drove to Langley to have lunch with my son, Jeff.  We had a good visit with him and he showed us pictures of a 40’ boat he is dealing on.  If everything goes well, he should have it by next Wednesday.  We drove back to Chilliwack as he had to go back to work and when we got home, Rochelle had already arrived from work and so did Kevin.
At 4:30 pm, we took Tucker with us and went over to my brother’s place on Fairfield Island.  He cooked dinner for us and we had a fun evening with him.  We got home around 10 pm and were soon to bed; R&K are still away at friends in Cultus Lake.

 
MAY  31, Saturday; BBQ
I helped Kevin in the yard mowing the lawn and cleaning our side of the driveway.  Val did a load of laundry and went into town for some stuff.  I washed the Beaver’s windshield then went to Cdn Tire to purchase a wiper for the windshield.  We soon put out everything for the BBQ and 5 pm, people began to arrive, 15 in all, family and friends!  We sat around and chatted and goofed around with lots of laughs to share.  Graeme and Courtenay left before dinner as they had prior commitment and Haley left soon after dinner (not her kind of crowd and we all understood that).  The BBQ was a success and fun was had by all.  It broke around 10 pm and Rochelle and I sat for a while but soon called it quit too.  It was a good day and a good way to end the month!

No comments: