About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 15 to 18, 2012; Drummond'Ville

OCT  15, Monday,
It rained overnight and right now it is cloudy and 14*C; what a change!  The temperature went up to 20*C, a very warm day indeed.  First thing in the morning, I went to St-Charles to get some propane ($24 cash) and picked up milk and breakfast at Tim Horton.  We all went into town in the afternoon; first we stopped at LUPIEN to settle my bill there, then to the coffee shop where we met Gaetan and his friend Alain.  We even got to sit outside for a while however the temperature began to drop all of a sudden and a drizzle started so it was time to come home.  For dinner, I made a “Quebec Chop-Suey”, a mixture of beef broth, different vegetables and meat.  Turned out pretty good too, if I may say so myself.

 
OCT  16, Tuesday
Clouds/sun and a cool 10*C at 11 AM!  I sent a few e-mails this morning inquiring about parks in the Rio Grande valley, Texas.  In the afternoon, I took Val for a haircut and dropped off Peter at Morgane for his coffee.  After Val’s haircut, we met Peter and Gaetan at Morgane, had a coffee with them then we went to Lafferty to get some ceiling materials for Gaetan’ basement and took it to his house.  We stopped for a beer then came home.  Peter decided to cook for us tonight, Italian sausages and potatoes.  Val cooked some vegetables.  It was very good!

 
OCT  17, Wednesday
Sunny but cold!  Today was wash day; Val did the laundry and I washed the kayaks and bikes, mounted the rack on the “Beast” and “Bear” and finished my last project, cut a portal for the switch for the front legs; one more step towards our departure.  Peter and I went to town to meet Gaetan for coffee then we took the table we had borrowed back to Christiane.  On the way back, we stopped at the Royal so that I could pick up some US money, put some gas in Peter’s van then came home.  Val made a roast for dinner for all of us, the last of our beef.

 
OCT  18, Thursday
Sunny and VERY warm this day; it got up to 20*C!  Talked about crazy weather!  I loaded the bikes and the cover over them on the back of “Bear” then we went into town for coffee at Morgane with Peter.  Gaetan and Alain joined us after their golf game.  I checked the forecast today for next Tuesday and unless the weather changes for the worse on Wednesday, Tuesday the 23rd will be our departure day!  For dinner, I BBQ’ed chicken and Val made red Quinoa and a Greek salad.

4 days left to our departure!

No comments: