About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Friday, July 17, 2009

July 8 to 16, 2009 Gateway Lakeview

JULY 8, Wednesday, Salmon Arm
I had a doctor’s appointment today so I went to Salmon Arm while Val worked on beautifying her garden. While in S.A. I picked up our mail and uploaded my blog and did some banking.
The rest of the day was spent around our lot. It rained on and off most of the day.


JULY 9, Thursday, more doctor appointment
Today was Val’s turn for the doctor so we both drove back to Salmon Arm. Afterwards, we went shopping for groceries then took a drive around Wood Lake on the way back to investigate the place. It was interesting but a bit out of the way and gravel road part of the way. We stopped in Sorrento to pick up our drugs then came home. Val put the groceries away then it was dinner time and we watched a movie in the evening after taking a walk around the park with Tucker.


JULY 10, Friday, Gateway
I went to Scotch Creek in the morning to fax a copy to Performance Service about my laptop crashed hard drive then picked up some wine and beer for tonight. We spent the day working around the yard and I fixed our little fence (strengthen it) and installed a screen under the stairs to serve as a shoe rack.
Donna and Marcel came over for dinner. We first sat outside for a Happy Hour drink and John and Helen joined us for a while. After dinner, we sat outside again for another drink. Our neighbours, Dan and Lorie arrived from Kamloops and joined us and a bit later Brook and Karen came over so we had a very nice evening. We all went to our respective home by 11 p.m. It’s been a sunny and warm day!


JULY 11, Saturday, Gateway

Sunny and hot again today, it went up to 35*C. We went to Scotch Creek to check my e-mail but the internet was down so we had a couple of ice cream and came home. We went up the hill, visited with Brook and Karen then we came home and BBQ hamburgers for dinner. After dinner, I got a fire going and we sat outside and enjoyed a glass of wine. Donna and Marcel came over for a quick visit.


JULY 12, Sunday, to Logan Lake
I had a craving for the famous BULL’s RIBS so drove to Logan Lake to the Kirkby’s. From here, we went over to the RV Park and visited with another old friend of mine, Roy Steinhauer whom I hadn’t seen in five years( Roy, Lynden and I have known each other since 1973). The six of us went over to the Black Bull’s pub where I had their famous ribs as an appetizer then we had dinner there too. Another couple joined us for dinner. We all went back to the Kirkby’s house for coffee then we said our goodbyes and came home arriving around 9 p.m. It was a great day with good friends.


JULY 13, Monday, Gateway

Val went to work at Berwick this afternoon (3 to 11). This is her first day of orientation. I stuck around the house, cooked my own dinner (poor me) and water the plants in the evening. Another hot day and the A/C has been on since early afternoon. The wind picked up in the evening and cooled the air somewhat.


JULY 14, Tuesday, Gateway
Another warm and quiet day! Downloaded my mail and called Country Camping to find out why they didn’t show today. More excuses! That is one problem being this isolated, I don’t have many choices to choose from unless I am willing to go out way out of our way. Anyway, Val is off today so we sat around and read, water the plants and go for walks.


JULY 15, Wednesday, Gateway
Val went to work this morning. More orientation and I spent the day walking Tucker, downloading our mail and sweeping the leafs which had blown in from the strong winds we had yesterday. BBQ’ed for dinner then we had another relaxing evening.
It’s been a hot sunny day again.


JULY 16, Thursday, Gateway
Val went for her second orientation day. I went to Chase and bottled our wine which is finally ready. Came home around 1 p.m. after picking up a movie for tonight “Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood”; not bad but not quite my “forte”. Another hot day with A/C on most of the day.

No comments: