About Me

Lee Creek, North Shuswap near Chase, B.C, Canada
We went full-time Rving in October of 2005! We retired from full time to part-time as of the end of 2015. Our present "small but comfortable" Wagon is a 2008 Camper trailer(TravelAir Rustler), pulled by a 2008 Dodge Dakota, 4X4.l. Our home is now a Gated Community Park, in Oliver, British-Columbia, Canada. I retired in 2005 and my Life Companion, Valerie, retired October 1, 2006 from nursing. We invite you to follow and share our new adventures and mishaps. Life is but an adventure full of dreams yet to be fulfilled!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

October 27 to 30, 2008, in Front Royal

OCT. 27, Monday, wash day

We got up to a very cold and cloudy day…the sun was too good to last, I guess. While Val did the laundry, I went to town to the tire shop and ordered a new tire for “Q” and while there, the truck got a lube and oil change.
I took some pictures of the damage to the roof on the small slide and then went to the office to post my pictures in Picasa, update the blog, download all our e-mail which were mostly jokes and sent an e-mail to Fleetwood with the pictures of the damage area. It was worst this time around. It even ripped the duct tape I had put on. Have to get that fix soon.

OCT. 28, Tuesday, in Front Royal

Cloudy, cold and very windy was our day. We went back to Winchester to Camping World as I couldn’t find my membership card for Camping USA. When we got there, I took my little membership folder and opened it to retrieve my Camping World card and found the card that I was missing. How silly! I had looked everywhere except in there as I didn’t remember putting it in there. So we looked around a bit then left without buying anything which is really good for me. We stopped at Wal-Mart and bought milk and wine ( 15$ a keg compare to 32$ in Quebec) and some pajama for me
The wind is really gusting right now…up to 40 mph (60KMH) Pretty strong! Came home and relaxed.


OCT. 29, Wednesday

It is sunny this morning but the wind still is gusting pretty strong but not as strong as yesterday. I am glad not to be on the road with the rig as it would be really hard on fuel unless it was behind us.
The afternoon brought calmer winds so we decided to do the Shenandoah Skyline Drive today. It begins about 6 miles from here and we climbed to about 2900 feet then leveled off for a while before climbing again. The highest we went was 3500 feet and we had a view of the valley on either side of the mountain ridge. The highway is built along the ridge or near it so the views are absolutely breath-taking and awesome. It was cold though! It went down to 38*F at the top…BRRRRR! We drove for about two hours then came home via the valley floor where it was much warmer.
Val cooked a nice meatball stew which warmed us nicely.
TOOK MORE PICTURES, SO CHECK THEM OUT.


OCT. 30, Thursday, last day in Front Royal

We got up to a warmer day and sunny sky. It went up to almost 60*F. Val did another load of laundry and I put everything away outside then checked the internet for mail and downloaded more pictures and the blog
I wrote a letter to Fleetwood in California where the HQ is situated about our rig...It will be interesting if we get any response.
Tomorrow, we leave for West Virginia

No comments: